Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 01:49 AM   #1
beepbeepph
AF Newbie

Is Ctpl Car Insurance Enough?

As we all know purchasing a CTPL insurance is required by the government. However, as a car owner, do you think this is enough or you will most likely purchase a comprehensive car insurance? Your thoughts are highly appreciated.
beepbeepph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:00 AM   #2
Amy Zara
AF Newbie

Re: Is Ctpl Car Insurance Enough?

Hey, Your question shows your necessity in that particular topic also this will be faced by many people.

The CTPL policy can only be claimed if the death, damage, or injury was caused by the operation of the insured vehicle. While CTPL insurance is very cheap, the coverage is not sufficient and is almost always not enough to cover damages after common road accidents. Which is why people buy comprehensive car insurance on top of their CTPL.
If you have a comprehensive car insurance plan with the third-party liability benefit, it can pay for expenses that the CTPL cannot cover fully.
So I think it is enough to say that I also insured my car but not fully protect you. I prefer comprehensive insurance will suits you. Thank you.
Amy Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #3
beepbeepph
AF Newbie

Re: Is Ctpl Car Insurance Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Zara View Post
Hey, Your question shows your necessity in that particular topic also this will be faced by many people.

The CTPL policy can only be claimed if the death, damage, or injury was caused by the operation of the insured vehicle. While CTPL insurance is very cheap, the coverage is not sufficient and is almost always not enough to cover damages after common road accidents. Which is why people buy comprehensive car insurance on top of their CTPL.
If you have a comprehensive car insurance plan with the third-party liability benefit, it can pay for expenses that the CTPL cannot cover fully.
So I think it is enough to say that I also insured my car but not fully protect you. I prefer comprehensive insurance will suits you. Thank you.
I have to agree that CTPL is not enough to cover damages when common road accidents happen. I am planning to purchase a comprehensive car insurance plan to top up my CTPL car insurance so I can have financial protection when such situation happens on the road. Is there a benefit or coverage that would suit most car owners like comprehensive insurance that covers car damage, theft, repair or more? It would be great if you could share a good comprehensive car insurance coverage. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
beepbeepph is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General