Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:37 PM   #1
gmatov
AF Newbie

Control Arm Bushings

Anyone have any idea where to buy Lower Control Arm Bushings for a 2001 Nubira Wagon?

My daughter's are shot.

This car is supposed to be a Chevy Optra, now, and also sold under Suzuki badge.

I've checked a bunch of online sites, and noone seems to list them.

Gotta wait till Monday to check the foreign parts houses here.

Thanks,

George
gmatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
rexygirl
AF Newbie

Re: Control Arm Bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmatov
Anyone have any idea where to buy Lower Control Arm Bushings for a 2001 Nubira Wagon?

My daughter's are shot.

This car is supposed to be a Chevy Optra, now, and also sold under Suzuki badge.

I've checked a bunch of online sites, and noone seems to list them.

Gotta wait till Monday to check the foreign parts houses here.

Thanks,

George

Parts are available only with the whole control arm....any daewoo dealer should carry them...you don't say where you are located, but you can call your local dealer.
rexygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
gmatov
AF Newbie

Rexygirl,

Thanks for the reply. Only one in 19 days. Wow! These cars must be either rare or all off the road for lack of parts.

I'm in SW Pennsylvania, and did find them in Wexford, PA, at Baierl Chevy/Daewoo.

Unfortunately, they told me they had only 3, would have preferred 4 to do both sides, made 70 mile round trip to get them, my mech tore the car apart, found each side has 2 sizes.

Called the dealer, was obliging enough to sell me the right ones slated for a car they had in for repairs, 'nother 70 miles.

But, the car is now safe (control arm bushing wise ) for my daughter to hurtle down the road at 70 MPH with my grandson, and g'son to be, in the car with her.

They did sell me the bushings, alone, did not even need to see the arm itself, though, if I had taken it with me, would have seen that there were 2 sizes.

Cheers,

George

BTW, surprisingly cheap, at less than 8 bucks each. Almost unheard of for import car parts, ala my Audi
Old 07-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
Mark Rudy
AF Newbie

Talking Re: Control Arm Bushings

Quote:
Rexygirl,

Thanks for the reply. Only one in 19 days. Wow! These cars must be either rare or all off the road for lack of parts.

I know the feeling. I have a habit of buying the cars that have hard to find parts or are just 1 year off of all the good aftermarket performance parts and now I can add a 1999 Daewoo Nubira to my long list of orphaned vehicles. I am encouraged however in that I seen a lot of places online carrying critical components. a Def plus, the only thing that I have bashed my head against the wall about is the fact I cant find anyone making a short shift kit for the car :P (heheh gotta love uber short shifts).

anyhow, glad to see you got your car all fixed and safed again
Mark Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #5
gmatov
AF Newbie

Mark,

Thanks.

Now I need to see if I can find Upper Strut Plates, or Mounts, as my kid brought her car out to check on a "clunk, clunk, clunk".

My mechanic says he thinks it is that.

Gotta hunt for parts. Any ideas?

Cheers,

George

( It's not really a bargain car if they quit making them halfway through your finance term, is it? )

One reason I personally like my Audis.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:59 PM   #6
Mark Rudy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Mark,

Thanks.

Now I need to see if I can find Upper Strut Plates, or Mounts, as my kid brought her car out to check on a "clunk, clunk, clunk".

My mechanic says he thinks it is that.
Front struts http://daewooautopartspr.com/_wsn/page11.html

strut mounts ; I cant find online, lemmie make a few calls monday when places are open out here and I will get back to you.
Mark Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:32 AM   #7
gmatov
AF Newbie

Good grief,

I hope the damper, torsional, is not what I am looking for, at 120 per.

George

BTW, the reason Audi gives for NOT including a "cupholder" in their cars is that one should not be drinking hot or cold liquids when going down the Autobahn at 160 KPH, or 100 MPH, or thereabouts.

Makes sense, does it not?
Old 12-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #8
Woowagon
AF Newbie

FYI, I found these bushings on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONTR...24702850QQrdZ1

Please take note of the part numbers on the packages for future reference. If/when the link dies the GM part numbers are:

96308002 for the large through-hole bushing and 96492383 for the small through-hole bushing.

Having said that, I called three (non-Daewoo) GM dealers, none of whom could use that number. I only included them in case your local part store guys are slick about cross referencing. My local former Daewoo dealer only sells complete control arms, of course.
Woowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #9
mckeller22
AF Newbie

mckeller22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #10
mckeller22
AF Newbie

mckeller22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #11
gmatov
AF Newbie

Old post reawakened, but no w I need Cam Position Sensor.

I wish my kids would get rid of this car. It really is a killer. Doesn't nickle-dime you to death, more like 600-1200 buck you to death.

No repair lasts long. New rotors and lining, either axle, less than 10,000 miles before into the rotors.

Control arm bushings have been replaced 3, maybe 4, times.

One thing with my kids, I can't get any of them to get wheel alignments done. 45 bucks for alignment against 10,000 miles max for tires, maybe 150-200 bucks, that's OK.

These cars are also too light in the front end to run over inflated tires. I think they call for 30 PSI in the front, tire store blew them up to 35, the s'inlaw asked me why they were bald in the center, lots of tread on the shoulders.

Today's experience was rear brakes into the rotors after about 5,000 miles, failed emissions for camshaft sensor. Best price I have found is 86 bucks, something.

I definitely hope they get rid of this car. I doubt they would buy a new or used Audi. My newest, damn it, it spent 52 days in the garage, fighting with the warrantors, to replace the engine. Got it back, drove it 2 days, making horrendous engine noise, supposed to go back tomorrow to TRY to find what in the hell can be the problem. Still got the '90 model, driving it now, should have stuck with it.

Cheers,

George

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira