Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
aGoodOldRub
AF Newbie

Question I have 96 camry, engine runs and sounds good but when I slow down to stop car feels like it is gonna stall

I have 96 camry, engine runs and sounds good but when I slow down to stop car feels like it is gonna stall because rpm goes to like 400-500 but returns to normal after I stop or slow down under 5 miles an hour ( I didn't test if rpms stays low on 10 mph or something like that it is just when you are slowing down to stop that happens and when stop it goes back to normal), also idk if it is relevant but when I let go off gas pedal my car kinda jerks jumps forward or it feels like that for a second, to prevent it i need to let go off gas like super slowly, and also car steering wheel just generally shakes when stopped, if you put the car on reverse the shake goes crazy, when you turn AC on shake goes like super crazy. My car has 238000 miles and auto transmission. Checked my transmission fluid it is full also not black.
aGoodOldRub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: I have 96 camry, engine runs and sounds good but when I slow down to stop car feels like it is gonna stall

Shaking is probably because idle is too low. What was the last tune up? Maybe motor mounts are bad?
Old 09-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #3
aGoodOldRub
AF Newbie

Re: I have 96 camry, engine runs and sounds good but when I slow down to stop car feels like it is gonna stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleekat View Post
Shaking is probably because idle is too low. What was the last tune up? Maybe motor mounts are bad?

I don't know I bought it used for cheap as a spare car.
aGoodOldRub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #4
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

A tune-up is where I would start.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General