Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
vlix
AF Newbie

Makinen Galant query

Hi,

I'm working on the Hasegawa Galant VR-4 but I am planning on building Makinen's Autorobot sponsored gti-16v, which was the naturally aspirated group N version of the Galant.

What I'm not sure of is whether this model had the 2 hood vents like the VR-4 as the few references I have don't have a clear shot of the hood and a thorough study of youtube of the car in action aren't clear enough to make out whether the vents are there or not.

I do know that the 'civilian' version of the gti-16v didn't have the hood vents, and there's a good chance they are just there for the top-mount intercooler on the turbo version, but I am hoping someone more knowledgeable can provide a definitive answer.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
vlix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:11 AM   #2
malscar
AF Enthusiast

Re: Makinen Galant query

I thought the louvres in the bonnet appeared in 1991 where as Makinen was running the Grp N car in 1990.
malscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Tervo
AF Regular

Have you seen this http://forums.biante.com.au/showthre...t=9293&page=14

Suppose it is from 1990?
Tervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
vlix
AF Newbie

That's great, thanks for the info guys - no bonnet vents it is!

And thanks for the tip on the biante forums, too.
vlix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
malscar
AF Enthusiast

Tervo, I know the photo is helpful to people, but did you ask the owner of that photo if you could copy it across to AF? A link to the thread is a better way to go. Just a bit of courtesy/respect to the guy for posting it for others to enjoy.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Tervo
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by malscar View Post
Tervo, I know the photo is helpful to people, but did you ask the owner of that photo if you could copy it across to AF? A link to the thread is a better way to go. Just a bit of courtesy/respect to the guy for posting it for others to enjoy.
Check the source-code of the page (or right-click and check the properties of the picture)! The picture is not uploaded to this forum, it is a link to the original picture (http://kiwirallyfan.smugmug.com/photos/154187339-M.jpg). If the picture is removed from the original page, it will not be shown here.
I know the rules, linking is not prohibited, uploading is (unless you have the copywright, or permission to use pictures).
If you don't believe me, check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_linking
Tervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
malscar
AF Enthusiast

Tervo, you have totally missed what I was saying. DID YOU ASK HIS PERMISSION? I know the answer to my question. Just trying to get you to realise there is a better way to go about things. You could have as a minimum acknowledged who the photo was from.

As to your online bible, "Wikipedia" you have actually direct linked to his photo album therefore using the bandwidth that he is allowed by the photohosting site. Therefore by Wiki's definition, against the rules.

John's photo album is very informative in that he has lots of obscure shots not often seen. The actual photo is one he took at Rally New Zealand in 1990. Tommi finished in 6th place.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling