Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Elantra | Avante
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
nbrown430
AF Newbie

Unhappy 2011 Hyundai Elantra--Bluetooth problem!

Hi all,
I recently purchased a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Ltd with Nav, and I love it. The only problem is that my cell phone will not pair with the car's bluetooth interface. I have a Samsung Rogue, and the Hyundai website specifies that this phone is compatible with my 2011 Elantra. However, when I attempt to pair the phone to the car, it immediately says "Pairing Failed" on my phone (the only way to pair a phone to the '11 Elantra is to do it from the phone, can't do it from the car). Yes, both devices are in discovery mode and all settings are set correctly. We tried pairing someone else's Droid phone to the car and it worked perfectly, so the bluetooth on the car isn't totally busted. We brought the car in to get serviced and they reset the Nav system (took it out and re-installed it), and that didn't help. They were supposed to install a new Nav system from Hyundai, but the device they received was faulty and they won't get a new one for a little while. They also tried to pair my Samsung Rogue with an '11 Hyundai Sonata, and that worked fine.

I also brought my phone to the Verizon store but their system was down and they can't really do much except re-load the most recent software update (and my phone is already up-to-date in terms of software).

My question is (and I thank you for having the patience to read this post): Is there anything else I can do to get my phone to connect with the car?

I truly appreciate your help!!!
nbrown430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
jd1967
AF Newbie

Re: 2011 Hyundai Elantra--Bluetooth problem!

I have a Samsung Freedom and I am not able to get the Bluetooth to connect. I thought Bluetooth devices used a standard protocol. I will be taking my Elantra back to the dealer to fix this.
jd1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
CMauro_75
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1967 View Post
I have a Samsung Freedom and I am not able to get the Bluetooth to connect. I thought Bluetooth devices used a standard protocol. I will be taking my Elantra back to the dealer to fix this.

Some vehicle systems require some extra components from the dealer that they don't tell you about. I would call up your service department and see what they have to say. 2008 Audi A6 Portland Oregon

Last edited by CMauro_75; 07-08-2011 at 11:49 AM.
CMauro_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
slc60089
AF Newbie

Has anyone made any progress with this. I am trying to pair a Samsung R580 with the Elantra and it won't work. It does find the Elantra hands free device but will not take me to the screen to key in the security code needed to Pair. I have been able to pair a Samsung Galaxy with no problem.
slc60089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
nbrown430
AF Newbie

I have not been able to make progress on this problem. I went to the dealer, they replaced my whole radio/GPS system and it is still not working. They said they would call Hyundai about this, but they haven't called us back about it.

Could you be more specific about the "extra components" I might need? What should I be asking for when I go back to the dealer?
nbrown430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
sandradee4088
AF Newbie

I just purchased my car a week ago and I'm frustrated with the Bluetooth. I had the pairing was sort of working for the first day but there were issues. I have a BlackBerry Tour. The device is updated. Started on day #2 everytime I pair my device with the car it pairs it puts it into "Active Call" mode. I can not get rid of this until I stop my car. My stereo is disabled! After reading numerous problems on the internet it is clear there is an issue. The Sonata customers were also complaining.
sandradee4088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
hig
AF Newbie

I have a 2012 Elantra and cannot keep a connection with the bluetooth. I've had the folks at AT & T try to make it work and they had the same problem. The phone is a Nokia 6350 and is on the Hyundai list that says it is compatible. I am going to see what the folks at Hyundai can do about it.
hig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
bluetooth , elantra , hyundai
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Elantra | Avante