Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Moser97
AF Regular

Tires and traction for Chevy Tracker 2wd

I posted this on the Chevy tracker forum also.

I have a 2002, 2dr, 2.0, 5speed, 2wd, Tracker. It has the second set of tires on it at 90,000 miles. The tires on it are 205-70X15 Goodyear Opti-something. It has rained hear in PA for about a week now. I have noticed that it is VERY easy to get this little car sideways and sliding around. It has a limited slip diff, so when the rear tires spin it tries to walk around, and NO ABS so it is really easy to get it sliding. I'm not telling you anything you probably don't already know, so I'll get to the question. What other tires has anyone tried and with what results? The Goodyears will be ready to take the trip soon (about 1/2 gone now) and I will probably go up in size a little to a 235-75. I read on here, or the Suzi page that they will fit and clear everything. That is not the only size I will consider but I want something pretty standard so I can get them at a reasonable price. I am looking for recomendations for a good high traction, road tire. I will go with some 235-75 M&S tires I already have for the rear over the winter and look to get new for the spring. I am on secondary roads for a 100 mile round trip every day.
Moser97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: Tires and traction for Chevy Tracker 2wd

you'll probably like the Pirelli Scorpion STR.

They make it in 225/75/15
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels