Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 12:26 PM   #1
Bronson
Banned

My POS Dodge

Dudes,

I was going down the highway in my fairly new 2001 Ram, and the damned thing just shut down on me! I ended up coasting to the side of the road, and then having to be towed out.

It went back to the dealer. Guess what!?!?!? The whole electrical system died! They're want to re-wire the whole thing. It'd be under warranty, of course, but I'm thinking of trying to get a replacement under lemon laws.

Whaddyou guys think?

Bronson
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 01:51 PM   #2
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Have you had anyother problems with the truck that were unexplainable? I feel you are in your right to do so. It is not very good when the electrical system just shuts down. I would personally want a new one as well.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 01:38 PM   #3
BUFF_dragon
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to BUFF_dragon Send a message via AIM to BUFF_dragon Send a message via Yahoo to BUFF_dragon
I completely understand about getting a new one... but the electrical system can go down due to only one little wire shorting out, and I know that dealerships don't always look for the easy things to fix.. they always look for the worst possible thing. if you really like the truck you have now.. personally I wouldn't trade, but if you're lookin for somethin different, go for it. normally the wiring (once fixed properly) isn't a reaccuring problem.
Flowmaster Single-in-Dual-out Exhaust
MANUAL TRANNY (currently BLOWN UP, along with the clutch pressure plate, and throwout bearing)
as LOW as possible without a C-notch

98 Dodge Ram Sport
16.41@81.9 in the quarter (Bone stock)
now with no Cat. (I HATE those O2 sensors)
BUFF_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:45 AM   #4
Bronson
Banned

Tried that

Tried that

I even checked to make sure that that the fuseable link between the battery and the electrical system was intact. It was.

I have no blown fuses anywhere, and I've *never* taken the connectors off the battery terminals.

This is the second POS Mopar Truck I've had in a row.

I'm seriously considering jumping ship to another brand. Any of you have good experiences with Ford, Chevy, or the new Toyota?

Thanks,

Bronson
Old 01-24-2002, 03:33 PM   #5
BUFF_dragon
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to BUFF_dragon Send a message via AIM to BUFF_dragon Send a message via Yahoo to BUFF_dragon
honestly... I know a few guys that have had real good luck with Ford Trucks.... but everything else Ford.... well it kinda sucks. Chevy's S10's are alright but I know a few guys that have had rear differential problems with them, and a few have screwed up the trannys in their Silverado's too..... Don't know anyone with a new Toyota.

Sorry bout your Luck with Dodges though my family owns 6, and we just traded the 7th for my second 98 Dodge Ram, we haven't had any problems at all, guess we've been lucky.

Best of Luck to ya
MANUAL TRANNY (currently BLOWN UP, along with the clutch pressure plate, and throwout bearing)

98 Dodge Ram Sport
Old 01-24-2002, 06:52 PM   #6
Bronson
Banned

Must be the water in Kentucky.

Wish I was so lucky with my Mopar.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:20 PM   #7
BUFF_dragon
AF Regular

I've been told that its this "fresh mountain air" I say thats bullshit.... but oh well. the 89 minivan that we traded off had the Chrysler 4cyl. 5spd. with over 138,000 miles on it, and to our amazement it ran just like it was new (if not a little better). my dad's 94 Dodge Ram Cummins 5spd, major worktruck, the only problems we've had from it were because of his stupidity. Mom's 95 minivan that was traded on her 97 minivan that now has almost 150,000 miles on it and has only had a transmition seal problem. then my Blue 98 Ram, 3.9ltr 5spd Southern Edition, its got right at 60,000 on it. my sisters 2000 Durango SLT, about 80,000 and runnin fine. my other 98 Ram, its a 5.2 Sport SLT, its only got 40,000. then Mom's new 2002 Durango SLT no clue how many mimles....

we've had REALLY good luck with Dodges... I guess you could say we're the poster family for Chrysler Corp. we even get discounts when new models come out because we've boght so many.... kinda funny....
I just hope our luck stays this good

98 Dodge Ram Sport