Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S60
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 08:25 PM   #16
zyajzarc
AF Enthusiast

Re: S60r

I meant I-5... sorry abou that.

Quote:
cheap. reliable, or high performance -- pick 2, that's all you get.
zyajzarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #17
alfabet
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntasmom
I have an S60R. When it worked it was a great car to drive but in the two months that I have had the car it has been in the shop five times and now is completely undrivable. I am wondering if any other people have had problems with the chassis suspension and the computer?
This is an old post but do you still have the car? I have a 2004 model bought in July 2003 and that is all my wife has had but suspension problems. Clunks, groans, squeals etc. Did Volvo do anything for you except tell you that they were "downloading a software patch"?
alfabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #18
993cc
AF Regular

So after reading these last few posts I guess this fancy suspension isn't all that impressive is it? Shame cause I liked the S60 R ...
993cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:10 AM   #19
alfabet
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 993cc
So after reading these last few posts I guess this fancy suspension isn't all that impressive is it? Shame cause I liked the S60 R ...
The car is at the dealership as we speak for the past two weeks. Over 51 days out of service and problems still exist. I am negotiating with the dealer to take the car back and buy an S80 AWD for my wife. While it would not be my choice, I need to have closure on this and she has no confidence in the car. I think that this is an individual problem and not necessarily the whole S60R production. In any event, it has been quite an experience.
alfabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #20
Civic_D16Y5
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Civic_D16Y5

how many psi is the wastegate set at? how much could the engine take? im sure jsut a boost controller would defiantely improve performance right? is the suspension all that bad? is it jsut a computer glitch thats messing with it?
Old 05-28-2005, 04:29 PM   #21
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJ
Down here, Wheels Magazine has just driven the S60-R. They didn't mind it but basically said that the M3 and C32 don't have anything to worry about. Down here at least the Volvo doesn't cost anywhere near as much as the Germans, so the S60-R is really somewhere between a BMW 330i and a M3 for performance but priced around a 330i. Personally I'm a little disappointed in the styling, the PPC Showcar looked much more aggressive but Euro Performance sedans always seem to be designed to be a wolf in sheeps clothing.
It is too bad that the new BMW M5 isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing. The previous three were quite subtle and classy.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #22
nikita7
AF Regular

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...744D785777.htm

Its not S60 R, but it is damn fast volvo. He is spinning tires in the 3rd gear, the car is a true sleeper. I can imagine the expressions of some V8 owners when they get their butt handed to them by the 'safe' volvo.
91 transmission
CF hood
No-name intake
Reverse glow gauges!
nikita7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #23
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

The R car (S60 and V70) both run a small turbo only pushing about 5-7lbs of boost at WOT. It is a easy car to get more power out of IF you have the right equiptment handy. As for the suspension problems everyone has had, it is normal for a sports suspension to make noise, hell you should hear my 300ZX its suspension makes more noise than a box full of tree frogs. But my suspension is a bit high strung. Honestly I find most peoples problems with the R cars suspension is the fact they leave it in one position for extended periods of time, like months, and never ever change it becuase they want a SOFT ride. The R car wasnt meant to be a grociery get'r but a performance car, with some luxery bits. The R cars only major problem from my POV is that it IS heavy and it is aimed at the WRONG demigraphic. Its aimed at the middle aged, older, established driver. For 35+k its a bit pricey for what you get but it doesnt take much to make it what you want.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #24
GroundedCLK
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GroundedCLK

I just bought a 04 S60R and I have to say I love it. It isnt a ricer and if that is what you expecting then your out. I test drove a S4 before I bought this, they both were about the same price give or take. The S4 was faster on the straight away, but the Volvo had no body roll at 65mph in a S-turn. The volvo is loaded with alot of features that the S4 doesnt have. My buddy has a WRX modded, up pipe, down pipe, exhaust. I blew him away with out a problem. I will be purchasing a ECU upgrade kit, then go straight to up, down pipes, exhaust. Then if I dont have enough power then here I come HKS.
GroundedCLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #25
irr7
AF Newbie

Yes I am experiencing problems with the computerized active suspension, very loud thump noise at the rear of the car when going over a moderate bump and at moderate speed, Volvo does not seem to be able to get a fix on this?????.
irr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #26
irr7
AF Newbie

IPD - Oregan has stuff.
irr7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S60