Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 12:41 AM   #31
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

lol, yeah he did disapear huh, were did he go?
youngvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:47 AM   #32
Telionis
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Telionis
Lightbulb so owned... now for the truth

I rarely bother to dispute the random boasts of potential Olympic riceboys, but this claim is literally so outrageous that I simply couldn't resist signing up and... "explaining" shall we say, why this claim is so preposterous.

Don’t get me wrong buddy, I’m glad your dream car is a VR4, there are way too many kids with visions of 8 second streetable Civics these days; and I’d be even more pleased if you did own a hotted-up VR4 on 13gs. But my friend, 9 second quarter miles with 13g turbos. I hate to call your bluff, and usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but quite frankly it’s literally impossible to run flat 9s with 13g turbos. If you took a 2000 bhp super-tuned engine of any make and stuck 13gs on it just for the hell of it, they wouldn't help, but rather they’d be such a restriction that if the car ever did run 9s it wouldn't any more. A TD04L-13g-6cm turbo shouldn’t flow more than 360-70 cfm @ 15 psi (compared to around 270 for stock 9b turbos). We’re also ignoring the huge restriction placed on such a powerful engine by throwing two tiny MHI TD04 turbines inline with the exhaust. Even if you expended 100s of horsepower in the absurd application of forcing the turbos to flow more for the mere principle of owning the fastest 13g equipped car (with say a huge supercharger forcing-feeding the turbos), you’d never get more than 500 cfm out of them, after that they’d literally fly apart. I suppose you could manage to make the required power with 13g’s if you used a monstrous shot of nitrous oxide like a 400 hp shot. But you claim to have a 150 shot, and didn’t even use it on this record shattering run!?!

There’s a good reason why the fasted 13g equipped cars run mid-11s: that's their natural limit. In all honesty, compared to upgrades for other cars, there a great deal. A $1300 upgrade that can potentially get you into the 11s with moderate tuning; that’s not bad at all, but they’re never going to run 9s, no matter what else you do to the car short of increasing the oxygen content of the intake charge with obscene amounts of nitrous or direct o2 injection.

That's not the worst mistake you made. A bigger problem in your post is the driveline modifications. Nobody has ever broken into the 9s with an even remotely stock ViscousRealtime4 system. I’m not talking about clutch upgrades, which incidentally would run you $2000+ for a twin plate unit capable of holding that much torque. The entire driveline needs upgrading, everything, from the drive-shafts to the differentials – yes the stock differentials won’t hold that much power. Kormex makes upgrades for the majority of the driveline, but I don’t see any Kormex mods in your mod-list. Moreover, even if you did have an entire basket of Kormex parts, I’d still be blown away to see a 9.99 second run with the Getrag W5MG1 or W6MG1 transmissions. To withstand that kind of power, you’d need to fortify the transmissions beyond all sane limits. I don’t mean a cryo-treating it; I mean taking the entire thing apart, going to a custom machine shop, and having every single part replaced with some nitrated super alloy copy. Nobody has done this yet, or even come close. This is the one limitation that keeps all the tuner flagship cars in the mid-10s. The engine can make 1000 bhp (not with 13gs ), the body can be lightened to 3000 lbs or less, and the rest of the driveline can take the power with enough mods, but no amount of fortification will prepare a w6mg1 to take the power required to run flat-9s. I forgot to mention that the center differential is actually part of the transmission. You can replace the front and rear limited-slips, but you’d have to custom design/copy/machine the center from each individual piece just like the rest of the transmission. It is a monumental job my friend, beyond HKS or Apex’I even; it would be far easier to design an entirely new system than fortify the existing transmission to that extent. There’s just no way some random vr4 owner did it in his garage with an 100 piece Sears’s toolkit.

Finally, the trap-speed is way too high for a 9.2 second VR4. The driveline loss on the car is too high for a low-9 second VR4 to run 170+ mph. A 9-second rear-wheel drive single differential car (say a Supra or Corvette) might run 170+ mph, but a 9 second VR4 shouldn’t even be in the 160s. That’s what you trade for the ability to drive your sports-car in the rain; AWD cars were not designed to be drag racers. Incidentally, the few drag racing Skylines that keep their AWD systems use $20,000+ special drag racing transmissions, which unfortunately don’t exist for the VR4.
______________________________________ << fastest 3S >>

The fastest 3S bodied car is currently running 8.14 @ 165 mph. http://www.sdsefi.com/features/apr01stealth.htm I personally don’t consider this a 3S anymore since it’s got a huge V8, a drag transmission, and is rear-wheel drive, but it still looks like a Stealth. I suppose it's as much a Stealth as any 8 second Civic is a Civic (which is to say, mechanically, not at all). Even with rear-wheel drive, 1000+ lbs of weight-loss and 940 bhp (FYI 13gs max out at around ~520 bhp) it still traps at 165, an order of magnitude short of 171 mph.

As for real VR4s (w6mg1 / 6g72 equipped): The Japanese have a 1000 bhp MHI 20g powered VR4, but the car I consider the fastest is Matt Monetts. The 20g’s are (imho) way too large for the engine-transmission combination, which is why Monett’s ~750 bhp car is faster with the obvious 250 bhp advantage. No doubt the 20g car would win a 5 mile salt flat race, but Monett’s runs mid-10s and is still perfectly drivable. He uses the beautiful GT-368sx turbos by GT-Pro. A $3250 set of turbos that can be made to bolt onto the existing manifolds and pretty much guarantee 720 bhp properly tuned. They even spool quickly; so fast in fact that it is said he can burn out (all 4 wheels) without dropping or slipping the clutch, but rather by simply flooring it from a 5 mph – near idle roll. The car ran 10.9 @ 130 mph, but at 3600 feet of elevation, versus the 20g car’s <100 feet. Using NHRA’s altitude correction formulas for turbocharged cars this gets you about a 10.45 @ 136 mph, which is the record in my mind, he just needs to drive it to California to get non-altitude biased time-slips. There are quite a few 3Ses riding this record though, AAM’s and GTPro’s flagships come to mind, the former using some undisclosed TD05 setup and the latter their own custom turbos.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:56 AM   #33
Telionis
AF Newbie

Lightbulb the cars

Matt's 6g72 / w5mg1 / VR4 equipped 95 Stealth (~10.4 sec @ 136 mph with altitude correction)

This image belongs to Dynamic Racing. Damn clean isn't it - what a sleeper & a beautiful car, not a single grain of rice.

Kurtis Bosh's 572 ci V8 powered / RWD / stripped 91-93 Stealth (~ 8.1 sec @ 165 mph)

This image belongs to Kurtis Bosh I'm guessing. This thing is a trailer queen, drag strip only machine, but it does run 8s, then again not with a Mitsubishi 6g72 engine.

If you do have 13g turbos, you might be in the 11s, I could believe that. You might just be the fastest VR4 "here," on this board... but 9 second quarters, the guy who calibrated that GTech has a cocaine problem and your buddy's stopwatch finger is subject to muscle spasms. I'd say it's more likely you're running 9.21 in the 1/8th mile - if that's the case you did a piss poor job tuning the car or launch like a bat out of... err... like a seriously sedated bat stuck in a refrigerator... because mid 8s (lower 13s 1/4) are easily possible with just a boost controller and test-pipe and decent driving.
Telionis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:33 AM   #34
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

i guess stranger things have not happend,
yep he proved it its IMPOSSIBLE!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:16 AM   #35
Blaze420
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Blaze420
I hate people that do that stupid shit. Lie about a car that they don't even have.
Blaze420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:06 PM   #36
imp pwr online
AF Newbie

The officail 3S Dyno and 1/4 mile times:

http://www.3squicklist.com/

World's Quickest and Fastest FWD
3SX T2 (FWD) 10.19 @ 140-FIRST and only FWD 3S to break 10's

3SX T4 (AWD) World Record holder 9.66 @ 139
Best 60'-1.380

Official 3/S Records Website
imp pwr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:11 PM   #37
Sean_91VR4
AF Regular

Thumbs down

He will never post again...
Old 11-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #38
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

i love the color of your vr4 sean what color is that?
mine is emerald green
Old 11-18-2003, 07:32 PM   #39
Honda S2000
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Honda S2000
Hey everyone I run the quarter in .0000002 seconds trap speed of warp 2.34 in my vr4. My mods are taking out the factory turbos and putting hairdriers in there place.

omg ipo only has 8 posts in here

p.s. I feel cheated. My sig doesn't fit here

2001 Honda S2000 modded to hell
1993 Volvo 850 glt bone stock
Honda S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:12 PM   #40
Telionis
AF Newbie

Re: Who here has the best 1/4 Mile time with a VR-4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda S2000
Hey everyone I run the quarter in .0000002 seconds trap speed of warp 2.34 in my vr4. My mods are taking out the factory turbos and putting hairdriers in there place.

Appropriate F&F ricer quote of the day: "Dude I'm telling you, lengthen the [antimatter] injector pulsewidth by a millisecond and you'll run 9s... err.00000009s," & easily trap in the warp 3 range...
Telionis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:00 AM   #41
talskinyguy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to talskinyguy
Re: Who here has the best 1/4 Mile time with a VR-4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda S2000

I cant wait for ipo to post whore his way up to 10000 like on 3si
talskinyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:33 AM   #42
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Holy Christ. One guy makes a stupid claim. He gets smacked down for it and people show up to jump on the pile. Enough already. He won’t be coming back to this area of the forum under the same name without getting flamed so we can just let it go.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:47 PM   #43
b00style
AF Newbie

Hmmm... that VR-4 looks familiar... I think its cuz its SITTING IN MY GARAGE. =)
Old 11-20-2003, 12:06 AM   #44
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

lol lol lol lol lol, oh my god lol, thats yours.
he is a freaking idiot!!!!!!!!!!
nice ride by the way.