Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
jhogue12
AF Newbie

01 bonneville ssei wireing?

we went and test drove this car with 133000 miles on it about 3 months ago was told an older person owned it and it was in a garage its whole life car is in excellent shape so we test drove it everything worked perfect so we bought it about 3 days after buying it started going nuts we could go outside start the car and either everything would work or it wouldn't now in everything I mean in the dash info center it would pop up service engine soon, and the light would be on, service stability system, service transmittion soon, check tire pressure, calibrate compass, traction control off, along with the break light on, and when u started it either the heater would completely work or not at all or it would also give a blank heater control screen with it blowing hot air on a low setting on the floor but it all works and then stops working together but the part that I do not understand is we can start the car an it all might work for 5 min or 20 min or 4 hours or it can be the complete opposite and not work just the same like there was one day I started it in the garage nothing worked backed up to the mail box it all started working drove about a mile and a half and stopped it all stopped working and didn't work the rest of the day I have taken it to a few of my buddys that own shops and they all think it is something in the wiring and all said they wouldn't touch it so I have taken all the interior out and its sitting in my shop but i am hopeing someone on here might be able to give me a little insight on it.
jhogue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 01 bonneville ssei wireing?

I assume you checked battery connections, clean/tight?

Check for a secondary ground off the battery neg cable going to chassis ground....check if clean/tight.....

Another place to check, are grounds in the flooring under the carpet......if there was a water leak under there, it could have corroded the grounds.....

There are other grounds on the transmission studs, just above the starter....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
jhogue12
AF Newbie

Re: 01 bonneville ssei wireing?

Yes I had the inside of the car compleatly tore appart all the conections and grounds are clean and tight and it was all dry I put it all back together today got in started it and everything worked for about 10 min then quit for a few min and it all started working again for the rest of the night I am so confused about it lol its a fantastic little car but if I can't get it figured out aoon ima have to get rid of it i bought it for my wife amd I want something dependable for here cuz I work on the road and am gone a lot thanks for the reply
jhogue12 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville