Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
92lude91dx
AF Newbie

h23 swap 4th gen civic?

I have a Prelude that has been wrecked. it has a working h23, 5 speed tranny, and all the wiring and everything. I have to computer, ect. I can't seem to find anyone swapping this engine or the h22 into this platform. Is it because it is impossible? My 4th gen civic has the 1.5ltr engine in it. didnt the 5th gen hatchy come with almost the same engine? everyone has details to swap the h22&3 into the 5th gen. if anyone has any words of wisdom on if they have ever heard of anyone doing this please let me know. ty
92lude91dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #2
Ones&zeros
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ones&zeros
Re: h23 swap 4th gen civic?

im sure ive heard of it being done before, try down to ground's web site. its around here in this forum anyways.
Ones&zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

Im sure it can be done, its a matter of how involved it is. Down To Ground deff knows the 4th gen, i would look to them for advice.
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
4G4D Store
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 4G4D Store Send a message via AIM to 4G4D Store Send a message via MSN to 4G4D Store Send a message via Yahoo to 4G4D Store

It's been done. It's not a common swap. Most people that swap the H series motor mainly use it for drag racing. I've heard that the H series motor is a little to heavy for the front suspension of the 4G's to do any decent amount of cornering. It causes a lot of understeer. But I know it's been done a lot.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
92lude91dx
AF Newbie

I have heard that there might be a slight understeer. But i think that it should be alright for what i am looking to use the car for. this engine currently has 170,000 on it and it is starting to smoke when at hi rev like when getting on the interstate. also smokes at first take off in the morning, and when down shifting. So i am looking at a possible swap with an engine that i just happen to have laying around. so i thought well i could get a daily driver and a car that hauls balls at the same time.
92lude91dx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
4th gen civic dx hb , h22 swap , h23 into 4th gen civic , h23 swap
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee