Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
amalone18
AF Newbie

Not sure what to do it might be my frame!!!!

I wrecked my car a few weeks ago and i was hit on the front passenger side it dosent look like much damage but my dad tells me it could be the frame it drives fine when you go straight but is kind of hard to turn the tire is bent so i thought it might be that how will i know if its the frame what are some signs to look for!!!!!

HELP PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!
amalone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Hungrycat7
AF Enthusiast

Re: Not sure what to do it might be my frame!!!!

Well you really just need to feel the car while you are driving it! If it pulls to one direction, bounces, or just feels funny you probably have frame damage. You can take the car to any body shop and they can measure the specs to ensure the frame is still intact. I doubt, unless it was a real hard accident, that the frame is bent. The frame rails up front are probably bent and will need to be pulled out using a frame rack. I think you should just take the car to a body shop that you trust and have them pull the frame. (If it needs it) It will be almost impossible to get the car back together and all lined up if the frame or rails are bent.
Hungrycat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
LearnAutoBody
Auto Body Mod

It does not take much impact to damage the frame or unibody in cars today. The cars is designed to take most of the impact, while protecting the passengers. Therefore, if your car is slighly out of alignment, it can cause a lot of problems. The best thing to do is have a body shop measure your frame to determine if it is damaged or not. You may not be able to see this damage by eye. This is something I would not guess at. Have it checked to save you many headaches down the road.
LearnAutoBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

bring it to a shop with a frame rack and have them measure it. it might cost a couple hundred.. but it may save you thousands down the road
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network