Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Cosmetics
Cosmetics interior, exterior, wheels.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 03:28 PM   #1
GOKOOL
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to GOKOOL
XENON HID Lights on ebay, are these safe?

hi evrybody, i am concerned about the XENON HID lights on ebay. are they safe for my electrical wiring? will they burn my harness? the certain ones are for the headlights(9004) that i plan to purchase for my 94 g20t.does anyone have these or any XENON HID lights? any problems? also, i noticed they are 80-85 watts,,....the ad on ebay say they are safe and wont burn the harness...any feedback would be much appreciated,...thanks
GOKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 03:37 PM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Some have been known to burn or melt the housing. I myself experience the housing melt because of the heat generated for my corners. They have bulbs out there that use 55w but burn like 85w bulbs. I recommend bulbs in this range instead.
Old 06-07-2001, 04:16 PM   #3
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Koojo
I agree with DVSNCYNIKL, get the 55w bulbs that burn like 85w instead. They shouldnt burn anything because 55w is the same wattage as the factory bulb. 55w is also legal, so you wont have any problem with the law (unless some stupid cop pulls you over, then prove it and laugh in his face..hehe jk).
Koojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 09:23 AM   #4
Nismoboy1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nismoboy1
gokool - most of the xenon hid lights (The ones you see that are between the prices of $10-$40) you see on ebay is not a true HID lighting system. They are replacment bulbs with a blue tint to give it that hid appearence but not even close to true hid performance. If you want it for looks then go for it, but don't expect it to perform like hid or even close to stock for the matter. For a true HID lighting system, they go from anywhere between $500-$1000. Most HID lighting systems are retrofitted and do not work well in halogen bulb housing, your beam pattern will be all f*cked up and you'll blind everyone. If you were to put a true hid kit in a g20, look for one that can be retrofitted to a H4 bulb, and you will also loose your high beams.

For Sale: 18" Gold Axis Se7en's and Eibach Pro-kits also for a G20 P11. Check the Infiniti G20 Classifieds Here

***My G20 - Click Here***
Nismoboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 09:27 AM   #5
Nismoboy1
AF Enthusiast

p.s. for good performing, wannabe hid bulbs, look for Hiper Industries H4 bulbs...for good peforming, white bulbs, check out the sylvania cool blues or the philips blue vision, both are 100% legal in all 50 states. good luck. :alien:

For Sale: 18" Gold Axis Se7en's and Eibach Pro-kits also for a G20 P11. Check the Infiniti G20 Classifieds Here

Old 06-08-2001, 03:01 PM   #6
GOKOOL
AF Regular

thanks for your help guys. i just plan to get the HID looklights just forlooks...is it still safe the ones on ebay? please let me know....i dont wanna burn my harness...again thy are the XENON HID 9004 bulbs...thjanks
Old 06-08-2001, 03:04 PM   #7
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Quote:
Originally posted by GOKOOL
thanks for your help guys. i just plan to get the HID looklights just forlooks...is it still safe the ones on ebay? please let me know....i dont wanna burn my harness...again thy are the XENON HID 9004 bulbs...thjanks
I don't want to seem rude, but I know it will anyway.

Why don't you just go to the store and buy them, it's not like they're expensive. That way, you can see them before you buy, get the right ones and be on with it.
Old 06-08-2001, 03:28 PM   #8
GOKOOL
AF Regular

im trying to reach out to the ones who already have it or have tried it.....please, i am only trying to get some opinions before i buy, thats why i am posting this thread up.....there are probably others out there wondering if they are safe...." the only stupid questions are the ones that werent asked"

thanks for the concern though, and i dont know about you, but simply wasting money to find out that the parts you bought will cause MORE damage isnt what i hope for....my wallet isnt filled with TONS of money.....maybe you are rich enough to waste money....no offense
Old 06-08-2001, 03:31 PM   #9
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

None taken. Just understand that if you stay within the limits, you're going to be fine. What I meant with the comment is, go to the store, look at the limits. About the only problem that I have ever heard from them aside from melting is that they burn out after a year or so. I have them. But they didn't melt anything.
Old 06-08-2001, 03:36 PM   #10
GOKOOL
AF Regular

thanks bro, for your response......peace
Old 06-08-2001, 04:06 PM   #11
Nismoboy1
AF Enthusiast

I've had my Hiper Industries for over 5 month's now with no problems, wires and everything are still intact and these are the high wattage ones too, they're like 85watts or something...look for some of these, i think they are the best looking and performing "wannabe" HID's out there, i've heard nokya's are good also. Stay away from PIAA's they suck bad.

Do have any idea who makes the ones you were looking at on e-bay? I think I saw some Hiper Industries there one time

Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
lywenlong
Banned

Thumbs up Re: XENON HID Lights on ebay, are these safe?

some ones are safe. as normal, hid bulbs for car is only 35w. 80w is too high for cars. we are factory in china. we sell many hid kits to all over the country.
lywenlong is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Cosmetics