Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
razorbackGT
AF Newbie

0-55 in 300 ft?

hello, i have a problem.... i recieved a speeding ticket from a state highway patrolman in which he claims that i was doing 55 mph. I KNOW i wasn't going that fast, in fact i don't believe it's even possible to do so within 300 ft... I have a 97 grand am GT 3100 v6 which has about 76000 miles on it, stock no mods whatsoever. The only non-factory items are bosch plat 2 plugs and yokohama as250(i think?) tires. On edmunds.com , they have the 4 cylinder rated at 7.8 sec 0-60 time which most likely is acquired on a brand new model. I also had my AC on which really saps my car's acceleration. I was making a left hand turn from a dead stop across 3 lanes and into the 4th far lane, so it's not like it was a straight line from 0-55 either.... just need some opinions. I have already decided to fight the ticket, just trying to see if everyone else feels the same way as me. thanx!
razorbackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Re: 0-55 in 300 ft?

its a loose loose situation

It is possible to reach 55 in 300ft.
At WOT my GA GT could get to 55 in less then 300ft...
probly close to 150ft.

SO what was the posted top speed anyway on that 4 lane HW ??
It should have been a 55mph zone anyway......

Good Luck
Old 07-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
razorbackGT
AF Newbie

well, it was a 4 lane street that is marked at 30 mph, which technically isn't even a highway. That statie needs to stay on the highway where he belongs! even the local cops talk trash about em. in fact i might even get one to testify as a character witness at least . i assume ur talkin about ur 3.4 grand am in the example? i was just pullin outta work when he says he did a u-turn and i attempted to evade him... i live a block away! what a jackass.... i was uh, going home, that place where u go to rest after work ya know... also no previous record whatsoever while having my license for 5 years... thanks for ur take tho man! i would really have to have been at WOT to reach that speed tho from a left turn.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
razorbackGT
AF Newbie

well, just thought i'd let u guys know that i was unable to even use the "300 feet" defense becuz he said that the location on the ticket is just a "reference" point and not exact, yet it said "Waterloo AT Brown"... so there went my whole defense basically, so it would have been unwise to not take the plea bargain of 15 instead of 150 dollars which still cost me almost 100 bucks becuz of 80 dollars they charge for "court costs".... damn them.... i should have fled from him if he was accusing me of it anyways just to get my money's worth (or maybe i could have got away.... hmmm). At least it's over with tho 2 points on the ol' license but as long as my insurance doesn't go up which it shouldnt 4 only 1 ticket, life will go on. peace.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD