Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
95rideboy
AF Newbie

Angry 1994 olds cutlass runs rough at low rpm

Hello everybody i just bought a 1994 olds cutlass supreme with 138,000 miles on it 3.1 v6. It runs rough when idleing and accelerating if i just floor it it goes just fine. The check engine light comes on only if i go over 50 mph and when it does come on it runs the same. If i am just cruising at like 50 when the torq is locked in it is really rough. Ill give you a quick run on what i have replaced and done to it since i baught it. Motor mount was broken replaced it. air filter, sparkplugs brought it to a shop and they said the light was egr valve. I went to a junkyard cause i wasnt gonna spend 300 bucks at napa for a new one. It didnt fix it so i went back and got a different one thinking that the first used one was bad but still the same thing. i found a few ideas online about what else to check. i cleaned the mass airflow sensor and it did not change anything eithel injectors aer. i checked all fuel injectors and they all seem to be workin cause when i pull off one plugwire at a time each cylynder dies the same so that tells me they are all working. Anybody know anything about the MAP sensor? i know where it is and all but do they go out? iv never heard of anybody replacing one. Anyhow sorry so long if anybody has any ideas on this i would greatly appreciate your imput Thanks alot Jory

Last edited by 95rideboy; 04-17-2007 at 06:32 AM.
95rideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Re: 1994 olds cutlass runs rough at low rpm

Welcome to AF.

Have you had it checked for any dtc's ?

Idle is controled by the IAC which is on the side of the throtle body. Migth try cleaning the port it sets in to clear up your idle. becarefull with the IAC tip try not to push or turn it this will screw up the calibration.

How did you clean the MAF ?
If you get the sensor wet it can get damaged.

I would first check it for codes other wise you would just be throwing money at it.

Hope that helps.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD