Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Crossfire | Crossfire SRT6 Roadster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
isKall
AF Newbie

2004 Chrysler Crossfire?

Anyone had any experience with them, I am looking into getting a 2004 but I am curious as to how they ride, drive, etc. I have read road tests and stuff but I want personal opinions. I am only about 5'8" tall so the room shouldn't be a problem should it? Anyone with experience please state your opinions I am very intrested. Thanks
isKall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:16 AM   #2
crossfire_jt
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: 2004 Chrysler Crossfire?

I've owned the coupe for several years. Mine is a "vanilla" model w/o upgrades or mods. It's a kick in the pants to drive and has plenty of get-up-n-go. This is NOT a snow/heavy rain vehicle because of the traction control. Were I to redesign it I would change the following:
1) Design seating for people taller than 5'6" (I'm 6'3" and have a heck of a time getting into the car).
2) Install sun visors that rotate out to the side window.
3) Make the 6-speaker Infinity system a surround installation (it sounds like a 2-speaker stereo).
4) 5-speed vice 6-speed (seems like I'm always shifting in traffic).
5) Teach the Germans how to lay out an "American" dash board w/ controls (everything is in goofy places).

There's not many Crossfires out there and I think that they'll hold their resale value. They ARE expensive to insure (keep that in mind) and require Premium gasoline.

Hope this helps (or at least doesn't scare you away).
crossfire_jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
MR2spyderB
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Chrysler Crossfire?

My Dad has an 05 crossfire limited...i like it. People complain that it doesnt have enough power...which is true if your compare it to a corvette or 350Z or something. But its got some other cool things the Z doesnt...like heated seats (which may be an upgrade option for the Z), that cool spoiler, and from what i can tell from driving it i can say it problably grips the road better with that mercedes suspension and huge tires.
My complaints would probably be the cup holder (not holderS...just 1 holder) and i would like it if the seat was a bit different...but in order to do that alot of stuff would have to change...im used to my mr2 spyder's seats which make your butt really low...the crossfire is low but not as low.
I strongly recommend it if you wont have to pay an arm and a leg for the car and the gas (which it does get good gas milage)
MR2spyderB is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Crossfire | Crossfire SRT6 Roadster