Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Concorde
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
matthewhudson
AF Newbie

Exclamation fuel depressurization but fuel lines & pump seem ok

When I was doing some routing maintenance on my car I had to jack the front end up. I had the jack placed properly under the frame of the car and while pumping it up to an elevated position noticed a hissing noise. It sounded like a tire slowly leaking. It wasn't loud. There was no pop. Then I looked up at the front of my car and it looked like it was overheating. However, the steam was predominantly coming out of the very front of the car. I hadn't driven the car in 2 days. I immediately thought I had punctured a brake or fuel line so I double checked where I had put the jack. There were no fuel lines or brake lines on the driver's side where I had jacked it up. I triple checked. It was on the frame and the brake lines and fuel lines were on the other side of the car entirely. I decided to finish the brake job I was doing and when finished I tried to start the car. To my dismay the car turned over and over but never started. I checked my fuel lines and couldn't find any leaks. I couldn't smell any gas at all even after trying to start the car a few times. I had someone turn the key while my head was in the trunk listening for the fuel pump to kick in. I could hear it kick in every time. I took the cap of the port for checking the pressure and pushed on the pin that looks like a bicycle valve. It squirted gas into my face 3 feet away. I finally smelled gas but the car just won't start.

Any ideas before I take it in?
matthewhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

Re: fuel depressurization but fuel lines & pump seem ok

Matthew these kind of things are hard to diagnose from far away but some questions, did you check for spark, did you smell antifreeze when it was steaming? I am sure you may have pulled something loose but the starting problem may be unrelated to the steaming. Check for spark first and let us know.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Concorde