Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:53 AM   #76
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to grandamdriver52 Send a message via MSN to grandamdriver52
Re: Grand Am Off Topic Thread

Thanks alot guys. It is still nice to know that people on this forum havnt changed. Still the nice, respective, welcoming people that were here in the past.

By the way, this is what my car looked like. I could have fixed it myself but I dont have the time to do it.

Before -

After -
1995 WaveRaider 1100 - Primer kit, Ocean Pro Vortex flame arrestors, R&D 155 PSI Race Head, Jettrim seat, 5 degree nozzle, Cut stock water intake grate, Solas 13/19 Impeller, hydro-turf, pro-tec ride plate, Riva Racing handlebars, billit throttle, rebuilt mukuni SBN 38's.

Riding a WaveRaider is like riding a p***ed-off paper plate

Last edited by grandamdriver52; 12-31-2006 at 12:51 PM.
grandamdriver52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:20 AM   #77
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gir-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandamdriver52
Thanks alot guys. It is still nice to know that people on this forum havnt changed. Still the nice, respective, welcoming people that were here in the past.

By the way, this is what my car looked like. I could have fixed it myself but I dont have the time to do it.

Before - http://www.pwctoday.com/attachment.p...1&d=1167547860

After - http://www.pwctoday.com/attachment.p...1&d=1167547860

Invalid attatchment

Gir-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #78
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to grandamdriver52 Send a message via MSN to grandamdriver52

I hope I got it fixed. Sorry about that.
1995 WaveRaider 1100 - Primer kit, Ocean Pro Vortex flame arrestors, R&D 155 PSI Race Head, Jettrim seat, 5 degree nozzle, Cut stock water intake grate, Solas 13/19 Impeller, hydro-turf, pro-tec ride plate, Riva Racing handlebars, billit throttle, rebuilt mukuni SBN 38's.

Old 12-31-2006, 06:40 PM   #79
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

OUCH !
Thats not to bad though,
looks like it would be an easy fix.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #80
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

I know, It would have been a easy fix. My dad also said we werent going to get it fixed. I really doesn't like the 3100 motors. He always wanted me to get a 3800 and thats why I got the GS.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #81
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Well IMP the 3.1 and the 3.3 are a damn goood engine !!!
They are 90 deg V6, which the 3.4 is a 60 deg.
That is how they put the overhead vavles in the newr head design.

The 3.8 are nice too though , it wouldnt fit very well into a GA and would need alot of work to make it work.

GS's are nice rides
Not as nice as say....... a 69'-70' Buick GS's
Old 01-01-2007, 11:13 PM   #82
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

oh man...I remember the good Ol' days on here and my so called "supposed to be" project with putting the L67 3800 S/C motor in my GA. I have read so much on that....in fact I still kept the email from 2005 from someone. --->

Sent : Tuesday, May 24, 2005 7:46 PM
To : <codyrose@msn.com>
Subject : re: 3800 swap Grand Am

Cody, I am assuming your 95 Grand Am has the 4T60-E trans in it. This trans will work fine with a 3800 Series II (n/a or SC) engine, and you can use a 1995 OBD-1 computer (less wiring than 96-up OBD-2). Being able to use the stock trans that is already in your car means you won't have to worry about axles and transmission mounts, but you will still need to custom fabricate engine mounts and the exhaust, as well as the wiring. I can help answer any questions you may have as best I can do on here, but I am pretty busy at the shop right now so I may not be able to get back to you right away.

-ryan

Oh, yes, I know. The GAs are nice ridin and my car must ride crap cuz I dont have a 69-70 GS.....A 95. lol

Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #83
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to grfnkl

Happy New year everyone! Hope everyone had a good New Years... without the major headache afterwards... LOL.

Grandam: that's not bad at all... I looks like mostly some body work needed. It could have been a lot worse. I had a friend of mine roll a Plymoth Acclaim, walked away with a sore thumb, and the car was still fixable afterwards...just a new fender,bumper and driveside window ( which was broken afterwards so she could get out)... but they didn't fix it. The car she hit though... Jeez.... that' was a totalled mess. Driverside door of a toyota celica was pushed in up to the driveside seat!

I do remember your project G/A, with the 3800 SC. It would ahve been nice if you could have gotten that done... oh well.

later,

grfnkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #84
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

yea, Well, its ok now...maybe I will do it with my regal? Haha, no. Im just gonna save my money becasue when Im done with college Im gettin a GTO.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #85
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Good luck, with savin for a GTO.... just keep in mind of those pesky student loans you have to pay after college if you took any out! I'm still paying mine off... but then again I've been out for almost 4 years now.. .

Alright I need to vent about things right now.. and this is the off topic so what better place...
I don't know if anyone has had this happen to them before ( i'm sure most of you haven't or at least not exactly) Anyways, My job is pretty crappy, i know that, actually all the people who work here know that, but it never really effected me directly... things here and there may effect me but nothing really big UNTIL about yesterday... that's when everything got flipped onto me. One of our employee';s quit here ( even though mgnt was gonna let that person go anyways for mgnt own negligence) the person beat them out and left before they could. So they left yesterday... now all of that persons work is being put on me and expected to be done... Fine and all if i had any clue on how things are completely done.. I'm still a rookie in learning process. PLus i have to find files that i have no clue what to look for etc. PLUS they don't want to give me more money for this!( they still owe me my raise from 2 months ago) so knowing all of this I immediately started looking for a new job... but market seems very very slow right now. On top of all of this... I'm paying some pretty expensive bills, trying to save and plan a wedding, and trying to get my own place.. Yeah so I'm a bit screwed. Now i have to be very careful around work, since now certain managers expect me to do more ( since they are too lazy themselves) I'm put in a bad position cuz then i could be next to lose my job, not like my job hasn't been questioned for the past 2 months anyways.... Fair? I think not!
I just needed to get that out to someone else... cuz my friends, family, and certain co-workers have heard enough about this, and probably don't want to hear it again.

Thank you guys for listening ( reading)opcorn: LOL

Old 01-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #86
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Maybe by the time you get out you can afford a used 05'GTO
Those loans can screw you in the future with cradit and stuff.
I paid my stuff as I went through school. Just worked 50-60hrs then 40hrs of school
I had no life and no money

Myself, I am saving for a TA or a GTO.
I drove an 06' GTO auto, it was OK.
I'd rather have the 6spd(i'm a gear head) in either one.

grfnkl, look at it this way.... If they let you go who will do the jobs you are suposed to do? Someone new, who'll need trained, etc etc. I'd just do what you gotta do till something better comes along.

This time of year Everyones looking for work. I know 5-6 people right now out of work and none of them know shit about cars or I'd give them a shot.
Remember, it is easier to get a job with a job

Hang in thier!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #87
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroinfinity
Maybe by the time you get out you can afford a used 05'GTO
Those loans can screw you in the future with cradit and stuff.
I paid my stuff as I went through school. Just worked 50-60hrs then 40hrs of school
I had no life and no money

Myself, I am saving for a TA or a GTO.
I drove an 06' GTO auto, it was OK.
I'd rather have the 6spd(i'm a gear head) in either one.

grfnkl, look at it this way.... If they let you go who will do the jobs you are suposed to do? Someone new, who'll need trained, etc etc. I'd just do what you gotta do till something better comes along.

This time of year Everyones looking for work. I know 5-6 people right now out of work and none of them know shit about cars or I'd give them a shot.
Remember, it is easier to get a job with a job

Hang in thier!
Yeah student loans do suck... and so do car payments at the same time! I did the same thing you did XI, I was workin 3 jobs with full time school, and a senior thesis which consisted of a art show that we had to set up and do completely ourselves... and for me well i decided that wasn't enough at that time, had my g/f, plus decided to wreck the g/a into that pole ( money out of my pocket for expenses that insurance wouldn't pay) Yeah it took me another 2 years before i got out of that horrible financial mess!

at this point XI, I don't care if they do let me go.... I'll collect unemployment for awhile then get another job! It's getting worse and worse by the day... BUT hey what are ya gonna do! I'm starting the whole looking process anyways... just have to figure out what i want to do... I do know people out of work as well.. but that's cuz they are lazy.... Me i just can't afford the cut in pay if i do find another job. But i will hang in there until something new comes along... even if i was only seconds away from telling off the owner about 5 minutes ago!

Old 01-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #88
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Jobs are hard to come by, especially the good ones with great benifits.
Healthcare alone can bankrupt a person these days.
Its Ridiculous

Good Hunting on the new job though.
Are thier any galleries around that you could work at?

Since I knew you studied art, thought you might like doing a job you enjoy rather then one out of necessity.
I know it helps, I love my job
Old 01-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #89
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

Yea, my rents are payin that like they did for my sister. And I already save (out of my own money) around 3 thou. for college and thats all Im gonna save. So the loans my rents will pay and the money I saved will go towards it. And there is no way in *ELL Im going to get a new one. lol. It will be used 2005, or maybe a 2004.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #90
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

XI: good jobs are hard to come by! As far as an art gallery goes... It's not really for me, i was never into the art gallery scene. The art galleries around here don't all pay that well, unless you work at one of the larger ones in NYC, like MoMA, the Met, etc. I'm not a big fan of NYC, so i wouldn't want to work there as well. I'm too damn picky! LOL! I started applying yesterday to a few hotels in the area as a temporary thing, we'll see if anything comes from it or not. Plus a coworker and I are working on starting up our own "internet" graphic business, She's does web, and I do Graphics so why not combine and see if anything can come from it?!!! I'll keep you guys posted on that though.

Grandam: Keep savin that money.. your gonna need it down the road! I had more then that saved, and i was blowing through it faster then i could save it! then again cost of living around here isn't cheap!

One final comment from me... I have to say that i like this forum SOOOOOO much better then any other forum I belong to such as towards the G6. I'm constantly getting PM's and messages on the rules and guidelines... which I'm following or so i thought about things I'm doing wrong! I don't get it... and don't really want to anymore! So I will say this with absolute truth, The A/F forums are my home away from work and home life! LOL!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
grandam , offtopic , overflo , topic , weirdly
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM