Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
roobiboost
AF Newbie

2006 RX-8 steering wheel vibration?

Hey all

Several months ago I noticed what I considered an un-acceptable vibration in the steering wheel. I kept bringing the car back to the dealership and they performed a variety of "repairs" (rotate the tires, balance the tires, eventually replaced all 4 tires and did a full alignment).

After all of this still didnt fix the issue, I continued to state that there was a problem. The service coordinator took the car in again, but claimed that her "best technicians" couldnt feel the vibration. I then requested to ride with the service manager, who took the car out with me in it. He also claimed that there was no vibration. I then requested that the car be driven and tested by a corporate technician, which it was. This tech "verified the customers stated condition" as they put it, said that there was no "repairs available at this time" and that they would contact the engineers in Japan to see what could be done.

I finally attempted to contact corporate customer service, and have essentially been cut-off at the knees (support supervisor claims there is nothing Mazda can do since the dealership didnt state that this is a "problem" and is telling me that he refuses to escalate the issue further).

Please HELP! Has anyone else experienced this situation/have you been able to do anything about it? Unfortunately I started having service done on the issue outside of my states lemon law period.

Incase you need more info, car is a 2006, 6sp, and the vibration is felt through the steering wheel at speeds in excess of 30mph. The vibration DEFINITELY is not the road -- I took the car out on a brand new stretch of road and still felt an un-acceptable amount of vibration.
roobiboost is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8