Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 626/Capella/Capella Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
BuickGS
AF Newbie

brakes

I have an '84 mazda 626 and I just changed the master cylinder. I bled the master and all 4 wheels and still don't have much pedal. The pedal goes to the floor but will hold the car on a hill. The front brakes have more than half the pads and the back shoes are pretty much gone, and the brake fluid is really dark. I expected more pedal than that despite what needs to be done. If I do the back brakes and flush the brake fluid I should have a full pedal right?
BuickGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
adamgrant
AF Newbie

Re: brakes

Rear drum brakes only do about 25% of the braking but if there out of adjustemnt it will give you a lower than normal brake pedal.
adamgrant is offline   Reply With Quote