Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > Bongo Friendee
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:52 AM   #1
wingdog
AF Newbie

Question glow plugs

can anyone help me on where i can locate the glow plugs and how i go about changing them
wingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
AliBongo
AF Newbie

Re: glow plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdog
can anyone help me on where i can locate the glow plugs and how i go about changing them
I replaced two of my glowplugs yesterday to cure poor starting from cold. You need to remove the panel above the engine to get access to the glowplugs. Remove the trim panel at the right hand side of the passenger footwell by gently pulling it off. Remove the two bolts on top of the engine cover holding the gear lever mechanism (assuming you have an auto), remove the one bolt at the front of the gear lever mechanism which you can now access since you have removed the above trim. Push the gear lever mechanism towards the drivers side to get access to one of the bolts holding the centre panel in place. Remove the clips holding the wiring harness at various points over the top of the engine. Remove the bolt holding the handbarke cable to the rear of the engine housing. Remove the rest of the eight or so bolts holding the panel over the engine. You should now be able to pull back the panel a little and slide it towards the passenger side to gain access to the glowplugs. On the drivers side, remove the two bolts hoding the bracket with the four gizmos which have loads of small hoses going into them, don't know what they're for, and pull the bracket and gizmos towards the drivers side. You can now remove the bus bar which is bolted across the four glowplugs and then remove the glowplugs themselves. You can easily test the glowplugs by bolting one back onto the bus bar, holding the lower part of the glowplug against some part of the engine, making sure the bus bar is not touching anything, then turn on the ignition. The glowplug should glow after a couple of seconds then the timer will switch it off and the dash light will go out.

Hope this helps,
Ali Bongo
AliBongo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > Bongo Friendee