Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #31
RedlineSupra
AF Newbie

Re: Unbeatable Supra

Dont laugh aznthugiee boost logics supra hits 241 look it up on youtube
RedlineSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #32
mkiiinoob
AF Newbie

(excuse me...) i have seen some Supras rape Corvettes up and down. 230 yeah it's feasible. of course you would need to lighten the body and reinforce the frame. but hey wouldn't you have to do so in a Vette? i might be wrong but i'm sure any car going that fast would need some reinforcement. Heck, i've seen and been in Mustangs that rape Vettes all day long. Supra rules, hail the Supra! 1J FTW!
mkiiinoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #33
mkiiinoob
AF Newbie

Supras CAN do those speeds and it really doesnt take long to do so. Supras can be faster than Skylines, Mclarens, crotch-rockets for goodness sakes including Hayabusa. I have owned many of Mustangs and have had some taching out at over 160mph. I now own an 1988 Supra. Thats right 1988 and with only about 5g's I am running as fast as what it would take to do so to a Mustang for about 10-20g's. I can't reach no 200 mph though, im not even finished with my 1J swap but from all the research I have done online and through friends I expect my 1988 Supra to run 10's or low 11's. and w/o the top speed limiter my engine is capable of 180mph. so yeah i can see someone with a big budget tweaking EVERY single thing on that Lambo, Ferrerai killer and being capable of those speeds. and for the cops not being able to catch him....well i wont say much on the topic BUT i can see someone outrunning the police in a car that will go 160 mph. :-) so either this Supra was VERYappreciated OR there was an exaggeration. BECAUSE to outrun the police you would have to know to drive curves and to do so you would have to slow down, even if drifting to some extent. so i can see maybe doing an average of 180-200 mph depending the roads. imo.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #34
mkiiinoob
AF Newbie

and for about 100k you could do this probably alot less but idk. im not rich. But why's that so hard to believe when people drop 300k on a STOCK lambo or something.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #35
waynewta
AF Newbie

I own a 1991 Supra turbo. While it's very fast (156 MPH stock, according to my Garmin GPS) you would have to change the gearing to get the Supra past about 165. The '91 turns 3000 rpms at 80 MPH and therefore 6000 rpms at 160 MPH. You can't go too far beyond this without really stressing the engine. I am really skeptical of claims of 170, 180... etc.
waynewta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #36
waynewta
AF Newbie

The 1988 Supra and Supra turbo (indeed the entire Supra line from 1986 1/2 through 1992 do not have top speed limiters) They are drag (air resistance) limited. The only limit is a 6800 RPM rev limiter that protect the engine while driving in lower gears. In fifth gear, the 1991 and 1992 Supras meet up with sufficient air resistance to stop accelerating at about 156 MPH without reaching the fuel injection rev limiter.
The Following User Says Thank You to waynewta For This Useful Post:
KevinJAaron (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #37
KevinJAaron
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KevinJAaron Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJAaron Send a message via Skype™ to KevinJAaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynewta View Post
The 1988 Supra and Supra turbo (indeed the entire Supra line from 1986 1/2 through 1992 do not have top speed limiters) They are drag (air resistance) limited. The only limit is a 6800 RPM rev limiter that protect the engine while driving in lower gears. In fifth gear, the 1991 and 1992 Supras meet up with sufficient air resistance to stop accelerating at about 156 MPH without reaching the fuel injection rev limiter.
Your jokes are always witty
KevinJAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #38
waynewta
AF Newbie

No joke, dude. I know what I'm talking about. But if you and your compatriots are going to be disrespectful then I'll be out of this forum faster than I got into it. Wayne. (waynewta) P.S. I've been down these car forum paths before and the guys who gravitate toward them seem to be ass holes (I'm not including you, of course.) So interact accordingly, especially with a newbie who has years of experience and a lot to contribute (in my opinion,) or I am out of here. Wayne.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #39
shorod
SHO No Mo

Don't be too offended, Wayne. I just banned "Kevin" for being a spammer. He was apparently just trying to up his post count, I doubt he even read or comprehended your post.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors