Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #1
boug0752
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to boug0752
Power Door Locks Not Working!

Hey you guys,
I'm new around here, just started posting. I was wondering what reasons could cause my power locks to just quite working. All fuses are fine and dandy. One thing that happens is that when you put a new fuse in and press the button it automatically pops the fuse. The dealership told me that it could be a relay, BCM, or short. I haven't found any shorts and I'm really hoping its not the BCM. I wanted to check the million relays they have for the locks but don't know how to test them and worst yet can't get them out. If you could tell me how to get them out and how to test them that would be great. I tried to just pull them out with considerable force and they didn't seem to budge. I have a 01 GASE. Thanks for the help you guys!!! Another thing that happens is if I press the unlock button right now the car gives me a beep noise sometimes. Don't know if its telling me something in a foreign language or what? Lol.... It's not a big deal as the locks still work but it would be great if I could get the electric ones workin.
Again, Thanks everyone for havin such an informative and responsive Grand Am Forum!!!
http://www.kettering.edu is the #1 Mechanical Engineering school in the Country!!!!!
Everyone give BIG props to the godfathers of GA automotive forums!! Big thanks goes out to XERO!!
boug0752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #2
tommy00gt1
AF Regular

Re: Power Door Locks Not Working!

I am relatively new here too, and I am really not that experienced.... but, I would venture a guess that a short exists, being that the fuse blows so quickly when you hit the button.
My previous car had power windows, and I found a bad, partially broken wire in the black rubber boot-like thing that is the weatherproof piece that connects the door to the car body (the wires are in that rubber boot, I mean..)
The wires sometimes break in that rubber boot from the constant opening/closing of the driver's side door.
I would start in that area.

Watch for more replies here, as I am new too... maybe somebody will have a more definitive answer.
Hope this might help a bit; good luck..

Tommy
tommy00gt1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM