Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
mcallaway12
AF Newbie

350Z Steering Column Issue!!

Hello! I have an '05 Nissan 350Z, and recently I was driving in an un-lit parking lot at night and mistakenly drove off the plane of one area of the parking lot and onto a lower portion (A 1.5 ft. drop-off) and scraped the bottom of the car pretty hard. (Brilliant, I know).

The engine was not damaged, and in fact, nothing serious was damaged underneath. However, since the incident, my steering column will not lower to my desired height for gripping the steering wheel. I have to suspend my arms higher than normal in order to grip it and drive.

The body shop I took the vehicle to inspected the under carriage of the car and says there is no damage to the bottom portion of the steering column, and he cannot help me. The steering column is not totally different from before, so it's difficult for others to notice a difference (not lowering completely) but I certainly can.

Has anyone heard of this problem, or experienced it themselves? Any advice?

Thanks,
Mark
mcallaway12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 350Z Steering Column Issue!!

Welcome to the forum!

Are you sure the steering column is the issue rather than maybe the seat having lowered? Is the height of the driver's seat adjustable? Have you peeked under the dash to see if there is anything obvious preventing the steering column from lowering completely?

Not quite ready to join the World Series of Drifting yet, hunh?

-Rod
shorod is online now   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe