Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > CX-7 | CX-9
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 10:42 AM   #1
timd
AF Regular

Leaves in wiper arm hole

On my 2017 CX-5, leaves drop into the area between the windshield and the hood where the plastic cover is. The wiper motor shafts go thru holes in that plastic cover. Leaves get into the holes. I use a small, thin pair of needle-nose pliers to pull them out. My concern is that some leaves surely are beyond my sight and reach. How can I get to the area to clean out any leaves and debris that must collect under the plastic? I assume any rain/water that goes into that area will drain but if the leaves clog up the drain, this could create a problem!!!

Last edited by timd; 07-20-2020 at 09:18 AM.
timd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 01:06 PM   #2
timd
AF Regular

Re: Leaves in wiper arm hole

Investigating the above, I discovered drain holes behind the front wheels with black (rotted) leaves plugging up the hole. Water was dripping slowly but constantly from the drain hole. (I had just washed the car) By removing one plastic clip from inside the front wheel well, the plastic appearance panel can be removed and all (?) the rotting leaves can be removed.
I was glad to see brown (fresh?) leaves in what I removed. Hopefully, the leaves are dropping all the way down to where the drain hole is. I will recheck with a new leaf and see if it easily drops down to the drain hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drain.jpg (250.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by timd; 03-18-2022 at 02:08 PM. Reason: additional info
timd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > CX-7 | CX-9