Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Skoda > Fabia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 12:22 PM   #1
jiriit
AF Newbie

Question Engine freakout

Hey guys, i was driving one day and as i was driving my gas pedal stopped responding and started to slowly die ... and as soon as i pressed the clutch pedal ... it died ... as it died i tried starting it but it wouldnt get past 500 rpm ... the mechanic i took it to said that 2 pistons are seized ... but from my uncles experience i know that, that isnt a sign of a seized engine ... any guesses what it could be ? ... it didnt throw a rod angine is still in one peice ... it was a little low on oil ... maybe that was the reason for them to think it was seized ...
jiriit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 05:42 PM   #2
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: Engine freakout

Can you turn the engine by hand? With the right size socket you should be able to turn the crank. There will be some resistance, but if it will not move at all then the engine could be seized.

Running low on oil can cause that.

If you can turn it, then I would check the linkage from the gas pedal to the intake, and also your fuel and air delivery. Vacuum hoses too. Battery cables and security/tightness.

Report back and let us know…
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:30 PM   #3
jiriit
AF Newbie

Sadly i don't have the right size socket since my socket set has been stolen from my garage ... But like i said the starter is still turning the engine over, and im sorry for not specifying but after a while when i tried to start it, it almost tried to live (it hanged around 700 rpm trying to shake it self back to life), and i did notice a little bit loose battery connection, so i gave it a redneck temporary fix (flattened can cut up into strips in the connection point ... But the only thing it did was it removed a separate problem which it had ... But since the starter can spin it up and pretty freely in guessing it's more likely to be a fuel delivery problem or ignition problem... It's either not getting enough fuel ... Or it's not getting spark ... Oh and the mechanic is apparently ... I don't wanna say stupid ... But the found out that it was seized through some form of measuring . I still don't know what kind of measuring but guessing by the fact that when i had to go pick up some things from my car there were spark plugs and fuel rail with injectors on the passenger side floor, then the measuring was probably for pressure inside the cylinders ... But i don't know for sure they just did some "measurements" ... But ever since then the car had been moved to someone who is more knowledgeable in engines and I'll see what he'll figure out
jiriit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:43 AM   #4
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Ok, so starter turning = not seized. First, find a new mechanic. What year is your Skoda? Does it have carburetor or fuel injection?

How many km since you changed the spark plugs/wires/etc?
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
engine , problems
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Skoda > Fabia