Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-5/ Miata
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
somervillearron
AF Newbie

premacy clutch problem scraping sound

• i have a 03 plate mazda premacy 2.0 sport

it has the 5 speed manual and when it is sitting still started you hear a sort of scraping noise coming from the clutch area but when i press the clutch it goes away completely

also though when i change gear it changes smoothly but sounds notchy the clutch and gears feel fine it is not riding on the clutch atall but i know the noise is there and that it may cause me to break down

basicly i think it is the clutch release bearing but i am not sure i would greatly apresiate some help as i dont know what to do i am scared to change the clutch incase thats not the problem

but its like a quiet scraping noise and when the clutch it pressed it goes away and also when driving i dont notice it but it may still be there

also does anyone know how to program the key fob for these cars?

i know this car dosent belong here but the premacy forum looks like nobody goes there
somervillearron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Docbass
AF Newbie

Re: premacy clutch problem scraping sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by somervillearron View Post
  • i have a 03 plate mazda premacy 2.0 sport

it has the 5 speed manual and when it is sitting still started you hear a sort of scraping noise coming from the clutch area but when i press the clutch it goes away completely

also though when i change gear it changes smoothly but sounds notchy the clutch and gears feel fine it is not riding on the clutch atall but i know the noise is there and that it may cause me to break down

basicly i think it is the clutch release bearing but i am not sure i would greatly apresiate some help as i dont know what to do i am scared to change the clutch incase thats not the problem

but its like a quiet scraping noise and when the clutch it pressed it goes away and also when driving i dont notice it but it may still be there

also does anyone know how to program the key fob for these cars?

i know this car dosent belong here but the premacy forum looks like nobody goes there
I would think you are correct it is the clutch release bearing and have no idea what your other problem is so can't help
Docbass is offline   Reply With Quote