Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
JayRider33
AF Newbie

What Should I look for??

IM looking to find a reliable, low-mid maintenance v6 sedan for about $4k-$5k.. i was wondering what makes are good to look at? i was told volvo, lincoln, and other foreign cars other than honda and toyota were high maintenance but im not sure? what should i be looking for? I was told to stay away from pontiac, and chrysler..
JayRider33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Obysk
AF Newbie

Re: What Should I look for??

Its really a matter of personal experience and opinion. I personally really like the Asian and European imports over almost anything domestic. My girlfriend drives an older Honda Civic and it has been an awesome little car, very little grief and easy to keep maintained. I used to drive an older Volvo and loved the car, again very trouble free. It really comes down to maintenance, most people don't spend money on their vehicles until something is broken, if properly maintained almost any car would suit your particular needs.
Obysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
JayRider33
AF Newbie

true, but would the maintenance cost of a mitsubishi be the same as a honda? and what other regular mantenance is there other than the usual oil, tune up, tires...
Old 11-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
Obysk
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRider33 View Post
would the maintenance cost of a mitsubishi be the same as a honda?
This is a very general question and as such is very hard to answer. Some people when asked this question would give an answer that has more to do with their own experience or opinion and not actual fact. The bottom line is this, if you own a motor vehicle you will have to pay to maintain it...period. I would highly recommend that whatever vehicle you chose you have inspected prior to purchasing to see where you stand as far as repairs that would be required immediately and which repairs could stand to wait for a little while.

Quote:
what other regular maintenance is there other than the usual oil, tune up, tires...
More maintenance items, but not limited to, other than the ones you have already listed would include:

• Wheel Alignments
  • Brakes
  • Suspension (Shocks/Struts)
  • Battery and Charging System
  • Air Conditioner
  • Fluid Service (coolant, automatic transmission fluid, differential fluid, etc.)
Obysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

I'd just like to point out that Lincoln is definitely not foreign lol

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
JayRider33
AF Newbie

obviously!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #7
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
obviously!
well you said, "I was told Volvo, Lincoln, and other foreign cars..." so.... lol

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
estanol
AF Newbie

What Should I look

Hi there, I just joined here just this week. Please forgive me for being lazy, but I was wondering if anyone could show me any particularly important posts that I should take a look at first, so I can get up to speed here? Thanks Mike __________________________________________________ _ Компания Металлпрофи, производящая железные двери поздравляет вас с наступающими праздниками!!!
estanol is offline   Reply With Quote