Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
jaetech559
AF Newbie

Leaking ac delco oil filters the pf48e and pf63e

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with ac delco filters leaking from the top at the gasket especially on gm vehicles. Usually a single drop that appears on the bottom of filter. No they are not double gaskets trust me I checked. Yes oil allied to gasket before install. Yes extra half turn per gm. Usually the filter is tight but visibly gasket has bulge on one side. Others especially pf48e the whole gasket bulges out dumping all the oil. I know the e is a newer line with plastic core. The gasket is also considerably smaller in with and depth. The thread is manufactured differently as well. Most service managers are blaming techs for human error. Been watching this for over a year now. Cars coming from other dealers to us have the same leak but nothing is being documented. Anyway I was just wondering if others are seeing this problem. Thanks for your time.
jaetech559 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > General Discussion