Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Patrick763
AF Newbie

Which car to buy?

So i've been looking at a few cars this past month and trying to find a nice luxuiorus muscle car... My limited price is $15000, I know im gonna get a different view from each make and just dont want to hear all the bs from kids. But i myself am 19 and have been looking at Dodge charger and magnum RT's, Ford Mustang GT, and then The Pontiac GTO, Ive only driven the charger at the dealership and that was pretty nice ride and power, but i mainly wanna hear bout other peoples problems or concerns with the vehicles as well as some good news bout them... As well as any other nice vehicles along those lines with V8 would be great. Thanks
Patrick763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Re: Which car to buy?

Welcome to AF!

I appreciate your interest in American muscle, but have you investigated the cost of insurance on those cars at your age? You may want to reconsider once you see the price of full coverage on any of the cars you listed...

If insurance doesn't eliminate any of those, come on back and we'll talk cars.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Patrick763
AF Newbie

I have looked and I understand that the insurance rates are very spendy but it would only my summer car till I move down south for school
Patrick763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
Nytro
AF Newbie

Ford Mustang GT is a right choice to buy it is an icon for American muscle cars, and given amount is enough to buy with all insurance debts.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
joel macneill
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Which car to buy?

I agree, ford mustang GT is the most widely appreciated musclecar and when you say "mustang", people always ask: what does it run at the track?, and so on. The only thing I don't like about driving my mustang gt is that ebery body and their dog pulls up next to me and wants to race. Try to avoid this as it is very hard to keep the previously mentioned insurance rates down. If I was forced to buy a GM vehicle , it would possibly be a pontiac G8. My buddy has one and it is one sick ride!
joel macneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
PressKean
AF Newbie

In my honest opinion, the Ford Mustang GT is the way to go. I've went on a test drive in a Ford Mustang GT as well as the Pontiac. This is what I have to say about the Pontiac.

I'm not sure if it's because the car wasn't very well maintained, but my experience with it, compared to the mustang was that Pontiac never felt comfortable AT ALL since the start of my test drive. Not only that, as I was driving the car, I felt insecure. It's almost as though the car would just fail me on one fine day. Given that, I do have to say that it is however, a powerful car. The overall test drive I had didn't satisfy me which is why I went on with a Ford Mustang GT. I tested the car and I did like it overall. Just take note that I tested the cars but I've never bought them. Just thinking of how much fuel it's going to consume kills me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel macneill View Post
I agree, ford mustang GT is the most widely appreciated musclecar and when you say "mustang", people always ask: what does it run at the track?, and so on. The only thing I don't like about driving my mustang gt is that ebery body and their dog pulls up next to me and wants to race. Try to avoid this as it is very hard to keep the previously mentioned insurance rates down. If I was forced to buy a GM vehicle , it would possibly be a pontiac G8. My buddy has one and it is one sick ride!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
joel macneill
AF Newbie

Mustang GT is my absolute favourite, but did the G8 have a V8? Because the car comes with v6 or v8 options. My buddies car has a 6L engine pretty sure and makes 360h.p. Just thought I would spit that out , but I am definitely a ford man!
joel macneill is offline   Reply With Quote