Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
funracer
AF Newbie

Seat switcheroo?

I have a 93 metro convertible. Does anyone know if the drivers seat can be swapped for the passengers seat? My drivers seat is shot but the passengers seat looks almost new.

Thanks
funracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Metro Mighty Mouse
AF Regular

Re: Seat switcheroo?

If memory serves, the seat frame is welded to the sliders. Inside and outside sliders are different so you can't just swap the seats. The best option is to determine if the seat rails are the same as 95 and newer Metro/ Swifts. If they are it opens up a whole world of possibilities. From what I have found, it appears most Suzuki (and re-branded Suzuki sedans) run the same seat rails. I currently have Suzuki Forenza seats in my 95 metro and I have looked at the mounts on other cars and discovered they are the same. The seats use 5 bolts to attach to the vehicle, the most distinct of which is the inside rear mounting point. It has one bolt that is vertical and one that is horizontal that bolts into the center hump. Both front bolts are horizontal and bolt towards the rear of the vehicle. A quick trip to the junkyard should serve up some replacement possibilities. I got mine for free off of craigslist.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
91 ragtop
AF Newbie

Re: Seat switcheroo?

You can pull the hog rings off the edges and peel the covers off. They will fit either side. I have a good cover for a 92 vert if yours has the red dots in the fabric. Ken...
91 ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro