Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 01:36 PM   #16
Ferrari TR
Not A Hoarder!

Send a message via AIM to Ferrari TR
Favorite:
Revell New Beetle (snap kit) It's a love-hate thing. I'm having a lot of fun with this one, I'm working on my forth one!
Looking foward to:
I guess that would be my Tamiya Ferrari F-50. This one stalled out a long time ago, but now I have the Studio 27 PE set.
Wanted:
I do wish Tamiya would do a Ferrari F512M or a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
Ferrari TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 01:55 PM   #17
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Favorite kit: Revell's Deuce coupe street rod. I've bought about 7 of them and have still yet to finish a Deuce. I always end up robbing parts out of those kits, they're so good. Especially the Torque-Thrust wheels and the great radius rods and dropped front axle.

Kit I'm most looking forward to building: Toss up. On one hand, there's the Accurate Miniatures McLaren Mk8B which is one hellaciously detailed kit, but on the other hand Revell has reissued the Tony Nancy 22jr Double kit and I love that dragster. Plus there's the Miss Deal Studebaker funny car which I think is badass, and I WANT a Tamiya Silk Cut Jaguar, a Gunze Sangyo Shelby Cobra Daytona, and one of Protar's Ferrari 250GTO's.

Kit I want produced: Well, I want a new 1969 AMX kit, preferably by Revell (with optional Offenhauser style cross ram intake and the Torq Thrust II's that were in the Alternomad kit). I want Tamiya to kit the 550 Maranello and the 575GTC competition version. I want a 1:24th scale Lola T70 coupe, Ferrari 312P Berlinetta, and Chapparal 2F from Fujimi. Hasegawa should do a Lancia S4 and a Ford Cosworth RS200. And someone, ANYONE, should kit the Morgan Aero 8. Maybe Revell of Germany, please?
Old 01-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #18
Jurva
AF Enthusiast

I love to build revell's 510 tuner.
I have one almost ready (turbo) and one is waiting datsun's
straight six (with 3 webers).

And i am considering about buying third one as pro mod 510
Old 01-26-2004, 03:36 PM   #19
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

I had expected my favorite kit to be the Revell Civic, because I drive one and there would be many variations on the theme. Tuner Civic, show Civic, sleeper Civic, my to-be Spoon Civic, drag Civic... I fully had intended to buy five or six and build them all very differently. But I didn't. My favorite kit ever turned out to be the Tamiya S2000, just barely beating out the S800, which was just an absolute joy to build.

At the moment, I am looking forward to finishing my RX-7 so I can build yet another S2000. I got it half-off at Hobby Lobby today, and is the fifth S2000 kit to come through my door. And I still opened the box excitedly. The other kit I am looking forward to is the Mazda 787B, which I will get the Scale Motorsport photo-etch and templeted carbon fiber decals for. But that will be a big project, and it is going to wait for some real free time.

My kit wishlist changes pretty often. I still want a McLaren F1 just like everyone else, but I also want to see a Mercedes SL come out and for some reason, a Mazda Protege. Something about that car tickles my fancy. And we could use a 88-92 Civic hatch for autocross or clubracer duties. Tomorrow I will pick four completely different cars, and I guess that's why none of my model wishes come true.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 03:59 PM   #20
TireGaint
AF Enthusiast

Every F1 and road cars from Ferrari, every Lambo, every M -series from BMW, every AMGS from M-B, every Porsche, every DTM models......i would buy them all if Mr Tamiya produces them......Mr Tamiya, can you hear me??
TireGaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:55 PM   #21
T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
AF Regular

I'd have to say my favorite model is my Ferrari F50 by Tamiya even though I didn't do a very good job.

I look forward to building all my models but the Enzo Ferrari from Tamiya has to be the one I look forward to the most.

More Lamborghini models would definitely be at the top of my list for models to be made, especially the Diablo SE and Diablo 6.0 with complete engine detail. Along with a lot of the older Lambo's, McLaren F1, Pagani Zonda C12S...etc. Maybe some really rare ones like the Isdera Commendatore 112i.....And for goodness sake all with "ENGINES"
Old 01-26-2004, 07:58 PM   #22
TanKaBoY
AF Enthusiast

my fav model is probably the FC3S Mazda Savanna RX-7

and a kit i would like isnt a kit but a body kit, a full Veilside R34 GTR body kit
TanKaBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:11 PM   #23
gasman03
AF Enthusiast

Best kit, Tamiya Enzo, no question, but thats still "under construction"
my favorite build is my 41 Willys, which is the one pictured in my Aviator, won 2 awards for it.

kit i'm looken foward to doing. Revell 04 Chevy SSR, Revell Escallade, Revell Focus, Trumpeter 63 Nova, AMT 69 Corvair

more Subie models. wish AMT would reissue there 80 Brat, maybe a full detail WRX Sti, and a new 73-74 Plymouth Road Runner kit
gasman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:44 PM   #24
Slo_Snipe
AF Enthusiast

favorite-jtcc JACCS civic ferio by hasegawa simply because its a civic ferio?
want to build tamiya honda fit with carbon hood and spoon wheels

one or both of these would be nice to have

Slo_Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 03:42 AM   #25
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
Re: your favorite kit, kit you look forward to making, and car you want made into a kit

Favorite...ENZO and Volvo BTCC
Looking forward to just tyring to build something to get out of this model block i'm in.
The one i want most is a BTCC Primera P11

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote