Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 11:58 PM   #16
Master Hiko
AF Newbie

Re: Does anyone in here actually own a Ferrari?

i dont own a ferrari, my father and uncle do (im 21). but i love my dad's car like its my own and i have freedom to drive it whenever i please, except weekends. we (me,dad,brother,uncle) have a history in road courses (track) and autox. my uncle owns Pistilli Racing and has a 550 and E36 for demo cars. he does all our car work and is the one who taught me how to drive competetively.

its rediculous that you people say a ferrari isnt a "real" car because you cant currently afford one. they arent even that rare, unless you live in East Bumblefuck which judging by your statements, you do. they dont cost millions like you keep suggesting, its just over 100k which isnt expensive for one of the most refined car makers in history. many people buy them as investments and such, which a lowbrow like yourself wouldnt understand. ferrari makes purpose-built cars, and the purpose is performance so the price reflects that. not many manufacturers make a car solely for one purpose. a viper is built to be fast and nothing else, an Evo/Sti (which i love) are damn fast but not purpose built.as far as the penis comment, your an idiot and i dont care to amuse myself by ripping you apart. i can just look at my dick and know you got owned. my dick>>>>>>you

as for the guy with FC, i hope you mean in the 400m otherwise id hate to be the one to break it to you that on a track, youd get your ass handed to you. im not saying you car's slow and you may very well beat an enzo in a drag with that much into your rotary, but drags arent where you test car performance anyway. the track is where its at and thats what the enzo was built for

Me>>>you.....n00b
Master Hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #17
Mr. Northface
AF Enthusiast

Master Hiko:

Well put

People won't understand unless they are behind the wheel of a Ferrari & putting the car through it's paces. The exquisit sounds from the motor & way that the vehicle handles on the road...there is nothing like it.
Sure there are other vehicles for less that can either match the handling, or exceed & are quicker, but again....that's not the point. These vehicles are all about pure performance. They perform effortlessly in ALL aspects of pure driving, not like say some other vehicle that are only good in straight line performance, or great at braking & not that good in handling.
It shouldn't matter if you can or can't afford one, it is just the fact that you should respect the car, not hate towards them.

Do I own one currently? No. Can I afford to buy any one I wish? Yes. Should I be hated for having this ability? No. I am not flaunting this ability or trying to rub it in anyones face. Just do yourself a favor. If you cannot afford to buy one, go to something like exoticcar.com or one of thoses sites & rent one for a weekend or even a day & you'll understand.
Flat out they are awesome. ---About the penis joke...... it makes me laugh....
Mr. Northface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #18
Jims5543
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Does anyone in here actually own a Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Hiko
as for the guy with FC, i hope you mean in the 400m otherwise id hate to be the one to break it to you that on a track, youd get your ass handed to you. im not saying you car's slow and you may very well beat an enzo in a drag with that much into your rotary, but drags arent where you test car performance anyway. the track is where its at and thats what the enzo was built for
I can understand how a casual observer wouldn't give my FC a second glance and that is the whole reason I have it. I have attended open track days with my FC and its set up to run hard and fast. My car sits in the pits before the 1st run group and no one gives it a second look. After the first run group I am being visited by lots of other drivers wanting to know whats up with the car.

It weighs 2500 lbs and has 460HP. It has upgraded brakes and a fully adjustable suspension. I runs the 1/4 mile in the low 11 second range and out handles Factory Five Cobras. The only thing limiting this car is my abilities. It is much more car than I am driver.

As for the guy with the Ferrari who complains about his RX-7's head gasket blowing a lot?? I am speechless. He obviously doesnt know cars.

Dont get me wrong. I LOVE Ferraris!! If I had money to burn I would park one in the garage next my my RX-7 without a doubt. But, I have to be realistic. While I could arrange my finances to afford one but could I care for it? I would imagine upkeep is a bitch for one of them.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:49 AM   #19
HB.
AF Newbie

Quote:

many people buy them as investments and such, which a lowbrow like yourself wouldnt understand.
Wow, I can't believe you just made that statement. Anyone with a grain of knowledge about good investments will tell you in a heart beat that a car is one of the worse investments on this planet.

Quote:
ferrari makes purpose-built cars, and the purpose is performance so the price reflects that.

I'm speechless...I don't know whether just to say "Porsche GT3" and leave it at that or to debate your in-accurate statement. I give you that Ferrari is focused on performance, but its performance does not justify its price. The Porsche GT3 out performs the 360 in just about every category, and costs almost half the price of the F-car. If you know anything about Porsche, you know that they are the most profitable auto maker in the world. So if an automobile that's intended for performance only, out performs another car costing almost twice as much as it does, and the profit margin that Porsche makes off its vehicles is insane, how can you say the price of the F-car reflects its performance? What you are paying for is heritage, styling, exclusiveness, and performance. I love the GT3, but I'd still rather own the 360 if given a choice.
HB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #20
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
Re: Re: Re: Does anyone in here actually own a Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB.
If you know anything about Porsche, you know that they are the most profitable auto maker in the world. So if an automobile that's intended for performance only, out performs another car costing almost twice as much as it does, and the profit margin that Porsche makes off its vehicles is insane,
I think that is because they arent owned by anyone. Therefore, they don't have to share profits with anyone. Lexus makes more money than Porsche, but not in scale. Lexus has to pay Toyota (Toyota owns Lexus for those who don't know). Porshce makes more in scale per unit sold to units made. So, Ferrari pays Fiat for every Ferrari sold. Porsche pays no other party (besides its employees of course). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB.
I love the GT3, but I'd still rather own the 360 if given a choice.
Same here. The exclusivity of it has much more on the GT3. Both are great track cars, and good road cars. But one is just more favored in the public eye.

That, and I once got a ride in my dad's cousin's 360 Modena. It's a sweet car. But I am sure the GT3 is just as nice.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:15 PM   #21
HB.
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Does anyone in here actually own a Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheguy9999
I think that is because they arent owned by anyone. Therefore, they don't have to share profits with anyone. Lexus makes more money than Porsche, but not in scale. Lexus has to pay Toyota (Toyota owns Lexus for those who don't know). Porshce makes more in scale per unit sold to units made. So, Ferrari pays Fiat for every Ferrari sold. Porsche pays no other party (besides its employees of course). Correct me if I'm wrong.

You sir, are correct.
HB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #22
RandomTask
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims5543
...that will whip up on almost every Ferrari and give the Enzo a run for its money than have a status symbol car.
I'm jaw dropped. I don't doubt the fact that your RX-7 could be fast, that I don't doubt at all. The Enzo has an 11.3 1/4 mile. I can see it now "well I run a 10.5 1/4", Which is not hard for a rotary engine to do mind you. But let me see, I wonder if I would be more comfortable at 180mph (provided your car can go that fast) in an enzo, or an RX-7? An enzo, or even a 360 Modena will out handle your car PERIOD. You will not 'give it a run for its money'. I don't want to sound like a dick, i just thought that to be an extremely ignorant and arrogant statement.
RandomTask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #23
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
A ferrari has nothing to do with status. if that's why someone wants and loves ferraris then they are posers and don't understand and cannot comprehend the true meaning of owning a ferrari.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:15 AM   #24
Supra-Devil
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Supra-Devil Send a message via Yahoo to Supra-Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97integrals
I can't help but notice that everone in here knows a lot about Ferrari's, but I also can't help but notice that it seems like no one in here owns one. Am I just crazy or are you all really big LOSERS!!!!!!!
well why watch a movie if your not the actor no use watching it is there ?
Supra-Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:17 AM   #25
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

I have Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale & WRX full modified. Before you own a ferrari and drive it fast, you can't give a fair comment about it.

Here is the link where I posted about my CS & WRX including photos & video shot:
http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

The wrx mod list is on 2nd page.

Cheers
BMW-Hamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #26
mcastro16
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Does anyone in here actually own a Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrid850
I'd like to see an RX-7 give an Enzo a run for its money, the only think the RX-7 has going by comparison is price (note that value could be argued).

I was talking to a guy back in Oct. at the last ALMS race in Laguna Seca. I was talking to him a bit about a Gallardo he owns and asked him about other cars that he drives and he brought up the fact that he had RX-7 and, just out of curiosity, asked him how it compared to to other cars he owned. He mentioned having fun with the RX-7, but it was no where near as fast as the Lambo and blows head gaskets as if thats what it was built for. Now as much fun as it is to fix blow head gaskets on an RX-7, I'd much rather be driving a Ferrari.
I just bought a 1999 360 and so far the back end pulls out all the time! I'm concerned that there is something wrong with the car! My M3 has done so well maybe I'm use to the grip of the M3! Any feedback from 360 owners?
mcastro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:36 PM   #27
fezza
AF Newbie

yo

hey i dont drive a ferrari 360 but my dad does and a porche(or how eva you spell it) and it realy annoys me when people are always sayin ooo my dad has a impretza or an evo or summit and it goes faster and its cheeper thats not the point ferraris are just amazing they are amazingly crafted italian cars that sound sooooo good and hey some people can afford them and some cant thats life
fezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #28
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687

I have 2 quick questions for the Ferrari owners in here...

1. Why do you HAVE to own more then one?

2. Can I have one?

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:27 AM   #29
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687

And what kind of jobs do you guys have and can I have one of them too?

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:14 PM   #30
turboterror
Banned

1 Ferrari? Who doesn't?
turboterror is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360