Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
1955657belair
AF Newbie

1996 mustang gt 150 mph speedometer wont work

a week ago while driving 55 in my 1996 mustang gt automatic the speedometer jumped to 110 mph ( I know what youre thinking but I was still doing 55 when this happened ) I slowed down and so did the speedometer reading so I sped up and the speedometer went back to 110 then slowly kept going until the speedometer needle hit the resting peg. I replaced the sensor and sensor gear at the tranny but that didnt fix anything. the needle will not go back to zero. it hangs on to the needle peg ( on or off ). I bought a chiltons manual and it said that after replacing the sensor/sensor gear to have the computer checked out. Ive talked with a speedometer service center that said the instrument panel has a circuit board on the back, and that they think that needs to be replaced. has anyone experienced this before? what is the answer? thanks. also the odometer and tripmeter both work, its only the speedometer Im having trouble with.
1955657belair is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis