Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-5
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
supersteff
AF Newbie

windshield washer fluid sensor

Hi Everyone,
I was recently told that the windshield washer fluid sensor on my 2003 Saab 9-5 Linear was toast, and needed replacement. The part itself is only 30 dollars, but required a half hour of labor from the dealer. I've been unable to find any guides online on how to get at the broken sensor to remove/replace it, and was wondering if anyone else knows how to remove/replace the windshield washer fluid level sensor? Thanks for the help!
supersteff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
saabserviceman
AF Newbie

Re: windshield washer fluid sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersteff
Hi Everyone,
I was recently told that the windshield washer fluid sensor on my 2003 Saab 9-5 Linear was toast, and needed replacement. The part itself is only 30 dollars, but required a half hour of labor from the dealer. I've been unable to find any guides online on how to get at the broken sensor to remove/replace it, and was wondering if anyone else knows how to remove/replace the windshield washer fluid level sensor? Thanks for the help!
spend the half hour labor to have the dealer replace it....geez!!!!
saabserviceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
supersteff
AF Newbie

If I wanted to have the dealer replace it, I wouldn't have asked...and it turned out to be a problem with the SID, so taking it to the dealer to replace the sensor wouldn't have fixed the problem. Do everyone a favor and please don't leave comments like that
Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
saabserviceman
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersteff
If I wanted to have the dealer replace it, I wouldn't have asked...and it turned out to be a problem with the SID, so taking it to the dealer to replace the sensor wouldn't have fixed the problem. Do everyone a favor and please don't leave comments like that
how was it the problem with the sid? Was it because you couldnt read it? The only reason i left that reply was because half an hour labor cant be to much $ to save you the trouble - if you are with a smart/trustworthy shop. My favors are here when people need them - if they are worthy.
saabserviceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
supersteff
AF Newbie

half an hour labor at my local Saab/Saturn/Hummer dealer is 75$. And no it wasn't that I couldn't read the SID, dont make ignorant remarks like that. It turned out the SID in my car was from a 2001 9-5. After I replaced the unit with an SID from the proper model year, and installed it myself (which cost a grand total of 150$ as opposed to nearly 1000$ in parts and labour at my dealer), the error message disappeared, along with a slew of other problems. The fluid level sensor is now working normally. Thanks for the comments.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-5