Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 03:43 AM   #1
bikernut
AF Newbie

Check engine light flashing

I have a 2003 GMC 3500 4x4 with a 6.0 engine. Problem: when plowing snow, hauling a small Kubota tractor or just driving down the road when the engine RPM gets to about 2200-3000 the check engine light starts flashing, I let off and reduce RPM and it stops flashing. What I have done so far is replaced the knock sensors 2 times, changed all 8 coil packs, 8 spark plug wires and 8 spark plugs all GM products no aftermarket stuff. I have gone to the local service station and had the scanner installed and driven it to the RPM and it says misfire in about 4 cylinders. When the light flashes it won't set a code just flashes and this is about to drive my crazy. The engine idles nice and smooth and when the light starts flashing at the RPM there is no roughness to the engine at all. Anyone have any ideas?? I have even gone and disconnected both batteries for a 24 hour period. Do I need to go to the GM Dealership and have the computer erased or re-flashed?? I'm at a loss, truck only has 45,000 miles.
enough power to pull the old guy
from the P !!ss Pot
2007 KZ New Vision 41kgx2 Toy Hauler
2 Harleys (2015 FLHTCUTG and 1995 FLTCU)
1987 Trans Am GTA (with only 19,783 mile)
1992 Chevy S-10 4 dr, 4x4 Blazer
03 GMC 3500 Dually
bikernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: Check engine light flashing

When that CE light starts to flash, that is a misfire and should set a misfire PO300 codes or an injector code.....

A scan tool attached while the CE light is flashing, would be a great help....it would pin point which cylinders are actually misfiring......since you have replaced the secondary ignition parts(plugs, wires, coils), I am leaning towards either fuel pressure, a vac leak, compression or injector problems.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra