Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
View Poll Results: which would you rahter have?
SR 33 67.35%
KA 16 32.65%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 08:49 AM   #31
revjunkie
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to revjunkie
Quote:
Originally posted by Fliquer
You were quoting 350hp as an advantage the sr20 has over the KA....or have I misunderstood?
I think you misunderstood me I was just saying that I'd be happy with 350rwhp if I could mod it to that level not that it was an advantage b/c the KA can do the same thing.
revjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 04:11 PM   #32
HoboBob
AF Newbie

I owne a Ka and i dont think that you should get one. Shure a ka has torque and thats nice, but its a bunch of crap what these guys say about building one up, ya, go on the internet and try to find a turbo for the Hardbody, non-existant, sure you can find em for the 240, but you get to pay twice as much as you would with the SR. There isnt that many upgrades to bring the Ka up to 450 hp, as one guy said here, trust me on it, it just dosent happen. Its a nice engine, but the SR has many more options and stuff, so go with the SR, not the Ka, unless you believe all these guys
HoboBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:26 PM   #33
J SPEC SilEighty
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to J SPEC SilEighty
Quote:
Originally posted by HoboBob
I owne a Ka and i dont think that you should get one. Shure a ka has torque and thats nice, but its a bunch of crap what these guys say about building one up, ya, go on the internet and try to find a turbo for the Hardbody, non-existant, sure you can find em for the 240, but you get to pay twice as much as you would with the SR. There isnt that many upgrades to bring the Ka up to 450 hp, as one guy said here, trust me on it, it just dosent happen. Its a nice engine, but the SR has many more options and stuff, so go with the SR, not the Ka, unless you believe all these guys
I take it you have never heard of chris may or Duy? Both are pushing 450 hp with turbo KA's. Who turbocharges the hardbody anyways? SR can be just as expensive as turbocharging the KA. The KA is a very strong engine anyways and can handle about 350 on the stock internals. You can customize your own turbo kit for the KA and put down a lot of HP, just like both of those guys did. What's so hard about building up a KA? There are head gaskets out there. Along with forged pistons and rods. You can have everything done at a shop that you can't do yourself like balancing the crank or p&p. The KA can be built up just as easily as the SR can. I know this was an opinion based question and your just stating your opinion, but I'm just pointing out the facts
Old 11-08-2002, 11:14 AM   #34
mellowboy
Amy dragged me here...

Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Quote:
Originally posted by J SPEC SilEighty

I take it you have never heard of chris may or Duy? Both are pushing 450 hp with turbo KA's. Who turbocharges the hardbody anyways? SR can be just as expensive as turbocharging the KA. The KA is a very strong engine anyways and can handle about 350 on the stock internals. You can customize your own turbo kit for the KA and put down a lot of HP, just like both of those guys did. What's so hard about building up a KA? There are head gaskets out there. Along with forged pistons and rods. You can have everything done at a shop that you can't do yourself like balancing the crank or p&p. The KA can be built up just as easily as the SR can. I know this was an opinion based question and your just stating your opinion, but I'm just pointing out the facts
YES i agree man!!
mellowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:18 PM   #35
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR
Talking

J Spec...PSI240SX put down about 2-3 wks ago 409RWHP on his KA24DET...nice stuff...makes his Viper kill when he only had 336RWHP seem like...OMG what can he kill now!

KA-T ownz...

Btw...Duy no longer has that car; this guy name Bill (aka Dr. Evil on FA) has it and runs pretty hard...he's in Tampa...

NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 05:51 PM   #36
J SPEC SilEighty
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to J SPEC SilEighty
Yeah I remembered that guy as well but didn't know his name. I still have those video's of him running a 12 something on street tires. Impressive. I thought I had heard somewhere that duy sold his car, but I wasn't sure. Oh well, it still exists and is still a VERY fast car.

Do you know if he ever got the video up of him beating the viper? I thought he said he was going to get one up soon.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:53 AM   #37
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

That happened over summer so if he doesnt have a video of that up I dont think he will...

Old 11-10-2002, 10:47 PM   #38
HoboBob
AF Newbie

hey i was just tryin to let you guys know, us over at the 4X4parts.com, which is a nissan site, dont talk about building up a ka if we want power, we talk about getting a sr20-det, now if the guys that owne the ka's are talking about getting sr's, well you know, just put it together. Ohh and yes you can find turbo's for the ka, not the truck, but yes fabricate one, and possibaly find one for the 240sx, but you got to be rich to get one, lol they cost bout twice as much as the sr turbo's. Ohh plus the sr comes with a freakin turbo, soo you know, i was just lettin you guys know, checkout the nissan site above, trust me, go with the ka if you want, but I believe the sr would give you more power for your money, and the parts are far more available than for the ka
Old 11-11-2002, 01:53 AM   #39
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
I believe the sr would give you more power for your money, and the parts are far more available than for the ka
More power for the money? Ok lets say you have S13...you buy a blacktop which would cost you around 2k; 1k for install and tuning...that's 3k spent. Now you could spend 3.3k to get a KA turbo kit which would make you put down 240RWHP at 7 psi...the blacktop puts down around 160-165RWHP at stock boost level. Hmm...I think ppl here can do math pretty well and see where the bang for the buck is..plus as you said...all the parts for the KA are here and you dont have to pay lots of money to get them from Japan...plus...more mechanics here know how to work on KA's than SR..bar none!

Old 11-11-2002, 06:03 PM   #40
HoboBob
AF Newbie

jebus, im just tryin to let ya know, man, people who owne the ka arent staying with the ka, and pluss the s13 puts out 205hp and 203 torque stock, the ka has aroun 130 hp stock , and not sure on torque, now if you cant put in a motor yourself that sucks, or if you dont have someone to help you that knows what there doing that sucks. ka's are available to get in the US easy, yes, but I believe the sr would be a better choice, you can probably get a ka in a junk yard for around 500, and put some money into it to make it kind of fast. The thing is that the ka will produce more torque than the sr, but the sr will get you more hp for the money, and if you pick up a s13 with 205 hp, you get a trany, ecu and wiring harness, all for around 1.5-2k dollars, MY personal opinion is the SR, go with the ka if you want, its not up to me, but maybe you had better check out the 4x4parts.com site and see what the guys with the ka's are saying, it may change your mind

Old 11-11-2002, 10:14 PM   #41
Holyterror
AF Enthusiast

Remember, the SR20DET is already turbocharged, the KA24DE is not. When equipped with similar-sized turbos, the KA24 comes out on top, due in no small part to the larger displacement of the "truck motor." They're both good motors, so why mess with swapping? There was a 240SX in Sport Compact Car running 438 hp at around 20 psi. That's plenty for me on the street. Actually, 300 is enough for me, and the KA24 is definitely capable of that.

Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #05)
Holyterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 12:43 AM   #42
HoboBob
AF Newbie

The sr is stable up to 16psi on stock internals
While the ka is only stable up to 10ps maybe 11
plus the sr would have less miles when you buy it
and the ka would have more miles if you kept it
new trany you would get with the sr
and new ecu
no new tranny with the ka, and no new ecu, dont get
me wrong i like the ka, but when the guys who OWN the
ka's talk about getting power, none talk about building up
the ka to extremes, we just say "drop in a sr". i give up
it really is up to you what to get, personally get the sr
if you want to stick with the ka, youll spend alot of money
on the turbo, unless you fab it yourself, cya all later, and come
visit me in the 4x4parts.com forums some time where the
trucks hang out, hehe :silly2:
Guess thats all i got to say
Old 11-12-2002, 09:49 AM   #43
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
jebus, im just tryin to let ya know, man, people who owne the ka arent staying with the ka, and pluss the s13 puts out 205hp and 203 torque stock, the ka has aroun 130 hp stock , and not sure on torque, now if you cant put in a motor yourself that sucks, or if you dont have someone to help you that knows what there doing that sucks. ka's are available to get in the US easy, yes, but I believe the sr would be a better choice, you can probably get a ka in a junk yard for around 500, and put some money into it to make it kind of fast. The thing is that the ka will produce more torque than the sr, but the sr will get you more hp for the money, and if you pick up a s13 with 205 hp, you get a trany, ecu and wiring harness, all for around 1.5-2k dollars, MY personal opinion is the SR, go with the ka if you want, its not up to me, but maybe you had better check out the 4x4parts.com site and see what the guys with the ka's are saying, it may change your mind

205HP at the crank...at the wheels it's like 165RWHP...the KA has 155HP stock which is around 129RWHP...now that's not a bad start but like I said w/the Stage I turbo kit...you can make 240RWHP...that's about 80RWHP more than your SR which translates into about 100HP at the crank more. Why should I check out a 4x4 site anyways? I've owned a 240SX for 6 years and I know my stuff...4x4's arent going to change my mind about something that I know...

Old 11-12-2002, 11:54 PM   #44
HoboBob
AF Newbie

actually more like 130-140hp for the ka
Old 11-12-2002, 11:56 PM   #45
HoboBob
AF Newbie

lol, you might find something for your our crap ka engines if you look hard enough you know trucks are better anyway, hehe

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX