Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 07:56 PM   #16
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

Re: should i put beat in my car?

wtf is slap? who is this guy? and who will be the first one to poke him in both eyes for being so stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
D-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #17
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Send a message via AIM to sidewayzS13

i think i missed something what r u talking about?
sidewayzS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:43 PM   #18
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

slap?? when did he say slap??

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:44 PM   #19
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

yea D BO i need some clarification about what ur talking about im quite confused and i dont like being confussed because it confusses me when im confussed
Old 12-22-2004, 08:58 PM   #20
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddust
i was wondering... will putting 2 10's, an amp, and a box weigh down my car too much? i really wanna put slap in my s13 coupe when i get it, but i don't want my setup to hinder my ability to drift. i went to circuit city and they said im looking at about 50-60 lbs in my trunk.

well, i'd assume you would READ a post before replying but apparently not.. jk... this is where he said he wanted to put 'slap' in his s13.. and what i get from the next sentence is that he doesn't even have a car.. let alone a 240.. goddamn people.. what is this forum coming to??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
D-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:00 PM   #21
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
Re: Re: should i put beat in my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik23
Yeah, see, my engine doesn't rev, it just hums, if I step on the gas, it just hums louder, I don't go any faster, it just makes noise.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!

I had to work on one a few days ago and test drove it a few times
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:01 PM   #22
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

a bunch of people come here thinking we will teach them how to drift because all of the real drifters use versions of the silvia?? i dont know why all the people are coming over and bothering us here...

lets try to stay on topic though....save your money, dont put "beat" or "slap" in your car¿ try to actually help your car in some way, like susp. or something that you would need. unless the speakers on the car are broken...

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:04 PM   #23
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

ok im following now i had read it i just didnt catch on to the "slap" my bad yea forget the system put money into something that will make the ride more enjoyable like suspension or making it faster or if u want to drift buy LSD
Old 12-22-2004, 09:49 PM   #24
Importboom
AF Enthusiast

i say do what u want if u want a nice system get a system and learn to drift with that. Or dont get a system and drift like that. Or get a system and dont drift. So many choices, its so amazing
Old 12-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #25
nissan180
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to nissan180 Send a message via Yahoo to nissan180
Right now my car is not running, I am in the middle of the SR Redtop swap in my 93 fb. (Waiting on a Engine Mount Bracket, which wasnt supplied with the engine). So if anyone would know where to get one, let me know. But anyway. As of now I have one 10" MTX 8000A sub in the rear with a V12 800wt amp with all the wires. Works great, not to loud, it hits hard. Doesnt buzz alot, but maybe thats because I have an open trunk bay. But yeah if you are interested let me know, This single 10" is enough in my opinion.
nissan180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 01:54 PM   #26
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

OK...OK... i Had sound in my car but i don't know if u guys remember, it got stollen!

i stripd the inside of the car (with the sound damping stuff) and put a 2 10in box in.
my sound was OK but it looked messy. Mybox was scratsh as hell (keeps moving around). my amp too, i had some bad ground du to the constant toss around.

the word is....sound is any car is good (especially in trafic) Drifting and sound have NOTHING IN COMMON!
yeah sure my box was kina heavy but it was in the rear, if any it helped a bit!

ps: i'm not spending a penny on sound again, i rather spend it on the suspention.

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:48 PM   #27
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

I had a 150lb system in my trunk. Custom box by me(pressboard and fiberglass coated on the inside) with 2 12" 1200watt subs and a 2400watt amp. All off Ebay. The car didn't really drive too differently, it was just a lot slower. I think the ass end actually slid a little easier. In a way, it made weight transfer easier. It was pretty gay though. Made all the kid in high school go WOW. 2400 watts. Insane mind blowing SOUND MAN. Yea it was that Ghey. My advice, fuck systems. You'll be happier with a nice set of tires or an exhaust.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 11:08 PM   #28
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

one of my friends wrecked his 240 because he was driving really fast through a neighborhood and his box slid hard around a corner and when the box his his right side it broke the rear end loose and he went into a mailbox or at least thats how he described it
Old 12-26-2004, 01:05 PM   #29
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

2400 watts and no spare battery?????? hmmmm

i had all orion shit (back when they were american made) HCCA competition stuff. 1 12" hcca sub, 1 800 watt hcca amp to power it. Handled 1200 but i was 15 and didnt have 1.5g for an amp. I had to get a deep cycle battery mounted in the rear just to power the mother fucker, i drew mass amounts of energy from the main battery. I have to say it was louder than shit, and i would have atleast 2 people per stop light flipping me off. But now it all sits in my room collecting dust. Actually i turned my 800 dollar sub and 300 dollar box into a nice coffee table. I should sell that bitch.
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 02:35 PM   #30
Importboom
AF Enthusiast

how much do u want for it? How old is it. I'm looking for a nice system but not one that'll rattle too much. All it needs is a amp right?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX