Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 04:14 PM   #31
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
a-700hp-transam-will-own-a-240sx-with-a-KA.Lets-get-Serious-here,I've-never-seen-a-KA-make-700rwhp(it-can-probably-be-done)-but-then-you-have-things-like-driveability-etc.......700hp-on-a-KA-is-going-to-be-very-high-strung.
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:15 PM   #32
SR20DETpower
Banned

and-wtf-is-a-Hmong?

I-think-this-kid-is-fucking-with-us,nobody-could-be-this-dumb
Old 08-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #33
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Send a message via AIM to XeVeNskyLiNE
Hmong is another asian race, its the same as how white people have there many different races, and black people, etc. just pretend they're laos, lol

Currently in Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona MySpace My S14 and DSM
XeVeNskyLiNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:40 PM   #34
illbeatyourhonda
AF Regular

Re: Dilema....honda accord vs. 240sx

wait wait la crosse Indiana???
illbeatyourhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:13 PM   #35
illbeatyourhonda
AF Regular

also you need to realize that no matter what you do, you'll never have the fastest car, theres always someone else who has a faster one, so you need to set a realistic goal for a hp number and work towards that like i think 390 is about the spot of my s14 its what i shot for, just shy of 400, and im happy as hell cause i can still run off pump gas and drive my car anywhere. and still stomp a viper on the highway......stupid slow vipers ha.......
Old 08-13-2004, 05:29 PM   #36
UncleBenRep
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to UncleBenRep

fine...asain w/e u want to call them....there from other yander.....there hmong here with a silent H!!!......just because u dont know what im talking bout doesnt mean im wrong or dumb.....no La crosse, Wisconsin...i doubt there is even a 700hp trans am...i would have seen it by now.
UncleBenRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:31 PM   #37
UncleBenRep
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to UncleBenRep

besides if i go thru with the rb25...then it would be able to produce the 700hp mark neways...then it would run with the trans am
UncleBenRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 06:26 AM   #38
DWF Engineering
AF Regular

In page 2 of this thread I listed stages of build up for the KA24DE. In an early stage I installed headers and then in a later stage went to a turbo set up. The reason for this is that I was listing stages that you might do from one paycheck to the next; obviously if you just save up and jump to the final stage in one step, you wouldn't even buy the header. Further, I'd like to address the questioning of the times that I've stated. The times I stated were for a fully loaded S14 (about 3200lbs) and the final stages of engine modification that I stated make plenty of power for an 11 second run. The problem you would run into is that the stock suspension and tires won't make plenty of traction for an 11 second run and you'll have the same problem if you simply install a more powerful engine. I believe I said to achieve these times you will need upgaded clutch, differential, and tires. If you look around you can find 240s w/ turbocharged, but otherwise stock KAs, that run mid-to-high 12 on 5-7 psi. Some of these cars don't even have a true turbo manifold but rather a 'J' shaped pipe coming off the stock collector. The turbo sits on top of the "J pipe" so that gravity drains the oil back to the pan; the exhaust travels down a more conventional down pipe to a slightly moddified pipe before the catalytic converter. This set up has 3-5 feet between the exhaust ports and the turbo so you can bet there is a tremendous loss compared to a short turbo manifold; even so these cars can pull high 12s. High power from low boost is achieved by carefull tuning, any dummy can run the boost up and run a rich mixture. A skilled tuner though, can achieve the same power with about 2/3 the boost. Its all about tuning. I have a 1991 S13 I like to tinker with from time to time. The KA is original and has some 228K miles and since I see no need to rebuild or replace in the near future I go ahead and run it hard. The only mods are straight exhaust, no engine fan, no interior behind the front seats, and an older style S-AFC. I've retuned the igntion timing and fuel curves to what felt, sounded, and smelled to be optimum. The car weighs right at 2800 lbs with 8 gallons of gas and myself in it. Take a moment to guess how fast I can run and then I'll tell you. I bet you're thinking 15.5-16 seconds, right? I tell you the truth, the fastest I've yet run is 14.708 s @ 95.4 mph on 205/60 R15s and a launch rpm between 2000 and 2500. Seriously, I'm still on the stock intake box pulling high 14s and you don't think a well tuned, cammed, and turboed KA w/ 12 psi boost could make enough power for high 11s, even if the whole car weighs 3200 lbs? It would be in the ball park of 400 BHP and have a HP/LB ratio better than that of a Viper. Do the math, then decide.
DWF Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #39
publicenemy137
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137

the hmong's are the vietnamese that live in the mountains, they are typically considered lower class in Vietnam and are considered rural people. Think of the rednecks/hicks in America, that live in the mountains.

The highest rwhp I've seen a KA push is 612, and yea I don't think it can match up to a fully built trans am either seeing how it has more than double the amount of displacement and cylinders.

Fastest car I've heard of was a corvette in Ft Lauderdale, it was made all out of fiberglass, ran 6 secs. I don't think imports can really match domestic engines when fully built up, american engines just got the displacement and cylinders over imports. Sure you can say imports make up for it with a turbo, but domestic engines can have forced inductions just as easily. Really as much as I hate to say it, there is no replacement for displacement. RB26's are great engines and all, but I don't think it can match up to a 700 ci mustang runnin 7 flat (another car in ft lauderdale). THe fastest import in this ft lauderdale track I've heard run was 9 seconds which was a supra.

And yes I know that one track isn't the world, but I still haven't heard or seen any import run lower than 8s.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:26 PM   #40
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

If anyone here knows how much a trans am weighs because I don't, that would be great. I'm sure a trans am weighs a little more than a S13 so power to weight ratio may allow for a 600rwhp KA to run with it. Your best bet would be for a RB25 though. It will be able to make more power than the KA due to more main caps and more cylinders but it is still only 100ccs bigger. If you want to know how much power it is capable of, you should ask a guy named RazorGTR. He is usually in the skyline forums and is very knowledgable when it comes to RBs.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #41
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Send a message via AIM to sidewayzS13

yea in most cases american muscle is better for drag racing but there are more important things then drag racing. drifting for example. haha its not all about how fast u can go in a straight line lets look at how cars handle no american car can out handle some of the jap cars like the skyline. or look at the evo's those bitches can handle. im just saying there are more things to a car then driving fast in a straight line
sidewayzS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:01 PM   #42
publicenemy137
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137

^ yea I know, as far as track or auto-crossin, american cars can't compete. Different strokes for different folks, I take handling over acceleration. and nissan fanatic t/a's weigh around 3397 lbs
Old 08-15-2004, 08:56 PM   #43
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Send a message via AIM to XeVeNskyLiNE
well not to defend american cars at all, if i remember, Vipers were kicking alot of ass at Le Mans a few years back. anybody remember if any japanese cars ran in Le Mans? i dont even remember, lol. anyways there are some american cars built for road racing, corvette's, saleen s7, i believe Mosler is american too, but you guys are right, considering those cars arent even attainable by average joes like us. throw a Le Mans Viper and a JGTC Skyline on the track at the same time and that outa be pretty interesting. but american cars reputation is pure power, no doubt about that...

Currently in Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona MySpace My S14 and DSM
XeVeNskyLiNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 09:29 PM   #44
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

So yea, a 240 with approx. 620whp or so should be able to hang or beat a 700whp trans am.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:03 AM   #45
SR20DETpower
Banned

The only race track in South Florida is Moroso Motorsports Dragstrip in West Palm Beach, Florida.

I've seen street spec Supras run 10's, and many other imports touch 9's. I've also seen a green all carbon fiber FC3S run a 7, not even using full power.

They musta been running Nitro or something, big ass turbo, straight elbow from turbo compressor to throttle body, no intercoolers lol.

and you can't say thats as fast as imports go, thats just as fast as people have taken them so far. Its a learning process, believe me these v8 guys weren't pulling 6's and 7's the first day those engines came out. I think some of the sanctioned Import cars are running either low 7's or high 6's.... I forgot, but they are almost on par with the same style class for Domestics.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX