Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Scale-Master
AF Enthusiast

Nissan 300ZX Turbo GTP

Nissan 300ZX Turbo GTP
Not the more famous dominant Le Mans scheme, but a variant version that ran in IMSA.

Scale-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
icon_modeler
AF Regular

Re: Nissan 300ZX Turbo GTP

LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks SM!!!
icon_modeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
MartiniOCP
AF Regular

Woah, couldn't tell there's a 300zx somewhere there;] Mine looks a bit different. Anyways, great stuff.!
MartiniOCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
mamr1203
AF Regular

good work!!! looks pretty cool.
Miguel
mamr1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

Looks pretty cool!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Miguel - was that all scratch built or was it a resin kit?? I saw one of these built a while ago on eBay finished for sale - John

I remember seeing Geof Brabham racing it - here in GTP USA - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
icon_modeler
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
Miguel - was that all scratch built or was it a resin kit?? I saw one of these built a while ago on eBay finished for sale - John

I remember seeing Geof Brabham racing it - here in GTP USA - John
Not sure why you are asking Miguel about this kit when ScaleMaster built it

This is a 1/24th scale Studio 27 kit. The body has been modified at the lower rocker and the wheels were replaced with ones that have been made via SLA and then had resin copies made. This car is ment to depict the second ever win by the Electromotive/Nissan team and the first win with John Morton behind the wheel. It was also the only time the car ever ran with the number 3. The event was the IMSA Road Atlanta 500K in October 1988.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon_modeler View Post
Not sure why you are asking Miguel about this kit when ScaleMaster built it

This is a 1/24th scale Studio 27 kit. The body has been modified at the lower rocker and the wheels were replaced with ones that have been made via SLA and then had resin copies made. This car is ment to depict the second ever win by the Electromotive/Nissan team and the first win with John Morton behind the wheel. It was also the only time the car ever ran with the number 3. The event was the IMSA Road Atlanta 500K in October 1988.
Not sure why you are asking Miguel about this kit when ScaleMaster built it - sorry ScaleMaster that was an oversight - credit for the build goes to you not Miguel - John

Thanks for the history lesson icon - but the name on the kit doesn't look like John Morton - even if he did drive the number 3 car at Road Atlanta in October of 1988 - crimy some sticklers - we all know of John morton since the BRE datsun days and yes he drove some for the Electromotive team but I believe the winningest driver of the car (300ZX GTP) was Geoff Brabham at the time - didn't he win a championship????? - mmmmmmm - John
Old 09-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
Scale-Master
AF Enthusiast

The name(s) on this car read "Brabham Morton" on both sides above the side windows.
Scale-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scale-Master View Post
The name(s) on this car read "Brabham Morton" on both sides above the side windows.
Thanks for the clarification on the drivers names - I could make out Morton but not "John" - I remember Brabham driving the car and I believe also "Chip Robinson" after the Bob Tulius Group 44 demise. - I could be wrong about Chip, but something rings a bell with me of him being in the car at some point - Electramotive also ran a car #83 if I remember - John

Either way ScaleMaster - it is a nice example of the car - kudos - John
Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
icon_modeler
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
Not sure why you are asking Miguel about this kit when ScaleMaster built it - sorry ScaleMaster that was an oversight - credit for the build goes to you not Miguel - John

Thanks for the history lesson icon - but the name on the kit doesn't look like John Morton - even if he did drive the number 3 car at Road Atlanta in October of 1988 - crimy some sticklers - we all know of John morton since the BRE datsun days and yes he drove some for the Electromotive team but I believe the winningest driver of the car (300ZX GTP) was Geoff Brabham at the time - didn't he win a championship????? - mmmmmmm - John
Sorry that what I said got you all wadded up John. Those three little smiley faces after the Miguel comment was meant as a joke, just poking a little fun at you. And I did not intend to give you a history lesson though I think I probably could seeing as I am a former employee of the Nissan Team that John drove for in 89-94. I was simply sharing the mind set behind the build. Sorry if it came off otherwise. ScaleMaster and I have been working together on this and the model is going to be given to John Morton next weekend at the JCCS show in Long Beach on Saturday. Anyhow for anyone to think Brabham won his three consecutive championships on his own would be grossly misinformed.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:39 AM   #12
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

Beautiful work as always!!
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #13
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon_modeler View Post
Sorry that what I said got you all wadded up John. Those three little smiley faces after the Miguel comment was meant as a joke, just poking a little fun at you. And I did not intend to give you a history lesson though I think I probably could seeing as I am a former employee of the Nissan Team that John drove for in 89-94. I was simply sharing the mind set behind the build. Sorry if it came off otherwise. ScaleMaster and I have been working together on this and the model is going to be given to John Morton next weekend at the JCCS show in Long Beach on Saturday. Anyhow for anyone to think Brabham won his three consecutive championships on his own would be grossly misinformed.
I wasn't "wadded up" Icon - maybe we're all being a little too sensitive - as for Brabham winning all by himself - you are correct with team drivers it is always a "team" effort and that goes for the "rule makers" too - many times the class rules are set to favor a particular team - wasn't aware you were a "team" member at the time - so that makes you the "official historian" compared to me on this subject in my opinion - I only saw the car at a few tracks from the spectators point of view and a few times on TV as I thought the Group C and IMSA GTP cars the the best there ever was for brute racing cars. Back in the days before all the "driver assists" that there are available today in auto-racing. Also wasn't aware of your collaboration with "scale master" there was no mention of that in the posting. No offense or insult was intended Icon - please accept my sincerest apology if I have offended you - John
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
lemansnut
AF Enthusiast

Great job on one of the most dominant cars in IMSA during the GTP era. These things were incredibly fast. Nice job on the wheels, I forgot that they ran those the first couple of seasons before switching to BBS.
lemansnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
DerXL
AF Enthusiast

Nice looking car.
I don't think I've actually seen this one built before.

Visit my homepage for WIP's and galleries :
www.axelv.com
DerXL is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery