Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 10:06 PM   #91
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Re: Mold Lines

Quote:
Originally posted by ukemaxxer
In the first post of this thread, Guiddy speaks of using needle nose pliers to get rid of mold lines.

Would that be a non serated pair as I dont fancy attacking one of my kits with anything which is going to ruin them.
Welcome to AF!

He means pliers that also have side-cuttes built in... Or you can use plain old side cutters.

Most Tamiya instructions have a little pic of them in the second page... You don't need to buy the Tamiya ones though... any sharp set will do...
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 02:35 PM   #92
shabaaz
AF Newbie

Question

Are you sure it is okay to only let the primer harder for 24 hours? Does it depend on the type of primer being used? I am using testors enamel plastic primer. Primera Man says to let primer harder for a week. I was going to primer some of my Enzo today because it got a deep scratch and i want to paint it tommorow because the weather is gonna be really nice. I don't want to risk ruining the paint job by painting over the primer too soon. What do you think Guiddy?

shabaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #93
endlesskev86
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to endlesskev86
Quote:
Originally posted by shabaaz
Are you sure it is okay to only let the primer harder for 24 hours? Does it depend on the type of primer being used? I am using testors enamel plastic primer. Primera Man says to let primer harder for a week. I was going to primer some of my Enzo today because it got a deep scratch and i want to paint it tommorow because the weather is gonna be really nice. I don't want to risk ruining the paint job by painting over the primer too soon. What do you think Guiddy?

always use Tamiya for paint...as they are the ones that never screw up
AF OG Dori crew (member #5)

Altezzas: It only looks good if you have the FULL car, not just the LIGHTS!! grinyes:
endlesskev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #94
T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
AF Regular

Hey nice step by step instructions on how to paint a model I tried your method for doing the black lining and it worked perfectly It saves so much time and the lines come out perfectly straight!
T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 07:18 AM   #95
jomz
AF Regular

Excellent black lining, what exactly is cutting paste? I was thinking of using black watercolor for this, might that work too?
jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 09:18 AM   #96
YaWnZ!!
AF Newbie

Erm,i would like to know..regarding the polishing job? can i just directly use car wax and polish it onto the paint job? without adding do doing anything? and..one more thing..the paint job...if i use black paint,do i need to like..paint the door lines? Thx..
Old 07-07-2003, 09:08 PM   #97
jshiigi808
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to jshiigi808
Quote:
Originally posted by Guiddy
And this is how I do my black lining!

First clean out the door gaps with the back of a scalpel, carefully!

A very washy Tamiya gloss black is made, and using a thin brush, a large blob of the runny stuff is placed at the middle of a door shut, and immediatley you see it run up and down the door gap! Add more thinners if it stops, further down if you have to, then leave to dry!

You get little marks where the brush was dabbed, and when dry, these are lightly polished of with cutting paste or polish!

I dont get it how do you do that and do you use paint thinner to thin the black paint out? how do you paint it? can you explane it to me.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:00 AM   #98
elvinKee
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to elvinKee
Re: Painting model car bodies! Full instructions! (Yes, you have to use primer!)

1)is clear coat and lacquer the same result?
2)can i jus use clear coat?
3)paint the panel lines and window frame 1st,or clear coat then panel lines and window frame 1st?
elvinKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #99
shimmentakezou
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to shimmentakezou
paint and thinner ratio

Dear guiddy,

I can see that you're very experienced in paint job for kits. Just want to ask you few question about lacquer paint. Very happy if you could reply it.

For your information, I am trying to use airbrush right now. For the paint and thinner, I am using Mr.Color lacquer paint and Mr.Thinner. I also using mini compressor and Anzen airbrush gun. Still in learning process though...

My question:
1. How much air pressure should I put to get the best result? Do I need to set the pressure in a particular Psi?
2. How much of paint and thinner that i should mix to get a good paint? Because some times when I spray it, it's not evenly spread.
3. Is there any specific procedure to treat lacquer paint?

Thanks before,

Greeting from Indonesia
shimmentakezou is offline   Reply With Quote