Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
ctabacchi
AF Newbie

2012 Focus W/S wipers Crazy

My 2012 focus has an occasional problem, the w/s wipers are unpredictable. Hit a decent bump and they turn on and won't turn off. Sometimes they won't turn on and then after 10-15 minutes, or whenever, they start working again. I leave the lever in the on position till they start working. Any suggestions or thoughts on this?

Thanks for the help.
ctabacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2012 Focus W/S wipers Crazy

The stalk switch portion that is inside the steering column has probably had the contacts over heat and melted the surrounding plastic. This has probably moved the contacts position so that they come on when they shouldn't and don't come on when they should. I have taken one apart in the past and cleaned the plastic off the contacts and used a soldering iron to melt the plastic to get the contacts back into the correct position but I don't recommend it as it doesn't last very long. Only something for the situation where you can't get a new one any more because the car is old. I suggest getting a new one.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
ctabacchi
AF Newbie

hello,

My 2012 focus still has wiper issues. Now the windshield wipers don't work at all, and the rear wiper is coming on occasional even if the switch is off. My son shut the passenger door and the rear wiper swiped once.

What the heck is wrong with these things??? I had the recall done a few years ago. The front wiper motors might be bad, but whats with the rear wiper occasionally wiping out of the blue.

Any thoughts or suggestions. I checked the wand and tore it apart and cleaned it up, it seems to be fine.

HELP!!!!!
Old 09-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #4
ctabacchi
AF Newbie

Also, how does the front wipers work? Does it go through the BCM, does the sginals go to a "wiper control module", I'm not finding any relay for the front wiper, only the rear. Are there a 2 wiper motors or one with linkage? There's seem to be such little info on the 2012 even though theres like 300000 out there plus the years that followed. Yeah, I'm more than a little irritated.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #5
ctabacchi
AF Newbie

I have some links that indicate that the BCM might be the cause of my w/s wipers not working.

If I were to replace the bcm, do I need to have it programmed at the dealership or could it be plug and play?

I have read where the relay for the w/s wipers could be on the BCM and is NOT replacable, unless you replace the entire BCM.

Is there anybody that can deny or confirm any of the above?

Thanks for the help.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max