Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
HuffmanFamilyof4
AF Newbie

Blinkers and Hazard Lights

has anyone seen or heard of this issue. the other day I put on my 4 ways and after about 1 minute the left side stayed on solid and the right one went off all together. I played with the switch until I got it to go off, turned it back on same thing happened. then when I went to turn on my left turn signal it blinked for a couple times then that too stayed on solid even canceling the lever back to center the light stayed on until I jiggled it a sec then went off. BUT the right side works normally, would it be the blinker thing in the fuse box. other then that I have no Clue. You guys are real good in here so I figured I could turn to you people for an answer. thanks
HuffmanFamilyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: Blinkers and Hazard Lights

Model year?

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RIP For This Useful Post:
HuffmanFamilyof4 (03-03-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
HuffmanFamilyof4
AF Newbie

sorry..it's a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Old 03-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
joeslip
AF Newbie

If you have daytime running lites....then you haveto change the DRL module..It is located above your left foot above the fuse panel.It is a plug in module and black in colour.I had the same problem.....the module is a combined day time running lites and turn signal flasher
joeslip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joeslip For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
RIP
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffmanFamilyof4 View Post
sorry..it's a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Yes, on your van I'd head for the combo flasher on the junction block as described. Might just need to pull it out and reinstall it (reseat). I had to do that the other day on my van. When I selected left or right turn that side just stayed on constant with no blink.

Been a while since I had to buy one but as I recall they aren't cheap. Around $50. If you need to replace it I have instructions on how to take it apart and fix it instead. Let me know.

Be happy you don't have a 4th generation van (2001-2007). The flasher module is integrated into the body control module. Big bucks. The new 5th gens are even worse.

The Following User Says Thank You to RIP For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
HuffmanFamilyof4
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Blinkers and Hazard Lights

that's exactly what the problem was and a new one cost me $60.00 I almost fell over when they told me the price. But after reading the last post I guess I should feel lucky it wasn't the 4th gen Grand Caravan because I'm sure the BCM would be a lot more then the relay. so thanks for all your great tips. this will be my new forum for getting and keeping my van working, you guys rock
Old 03-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
RIP
AF -Advisor

One headache gone. Congrats and thanks for posting the fix.

Model year? We need it because there are big differences between the 5 generations of vans on the road. I need it to make sure I'm looking at the right wiring diagram. Consider making a signature at the bottom and post it there. Wouldn't hurt to post the engine, tranny type and mileage with it. It will show up with every post you make. Signature? It's that area under the line at the bottom of my posts.

Spring Lake? Up near Muskegon right? I used to pass through there on trips to Luddington. Great fishing around Cadillac and Traverse City. Then there's the UP, the Mecca of fishing. Born and raised in Michigan City, In. You pass by there on the way to Chicago. Living in Southeren California now. Fishing here is nothing like the good old days in Michigan.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
HuffmanFamilyof4
AF Newbie

how do you put a signature in the message
Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
RIP
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffmanFamilyof4 View Post
how do you put a signature in the message
Click "User CP" at upper left. Click "Edit Signature" in left column. Type in your signature then click either preview or save at the bottom. It will show up at the bottom in every post you've made in the past and any future post you make. You can go back and edit or delete anytime.