Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > Vue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
rushedusername
AF Newbie

2003 Vue won't move at all

I have an 03 Vue 2.2l 4 cylinders, it ran great until now. I took the car for a drive, and it had difficulty accelerating. Every time I tried to accelerate, the car would lose power, kind of if the car thought I took my foot off the pedal. I then inspected nothing visibly wrong and all the fluids were fine, when I started the car back on, now the car won't move at all in any gear, all it does is rev. And I have a CVT transmission instead of VTi.

Can someone lend a hand?
rushedusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:26 AM   #2
Ruley73
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2003 Vue won't move at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushedusername View Post
I have an 03 Vue 2.2l 4 cylinders, it ran great until now. I took the car for a drive, and it had difficulty accelerating. Every time I tried to accelerate, the car would lose power, kind of if the car thought I took my foot off the pedal. I then inspected nothing visibly wrong and all the fluids were fine, when I started the car back on, now the car won't move at all in any gear, all it does is rev. And I have a CVT transmission instead of VTi.

Can someone lend a hand?
"VTi" is just Saturn's name for the CVT that your Vue has. It's all the same. If the vehicle won't move while in gear, the transmission has probably bit the dust. I know you said you inspected the vehicle, but the only other thing that would cause the vehicle to not move is a broken CV halfshaft.

You can install another used/rebuilt CVT, but that's not really a viable long-term solution. The general consensus is that installing another transmission is a much better option. The Aisin AF23 is most commonly used. It's a reliable, 5-speed automatic transmission sourced from a 2003-2004 Saturn Ion Sedan. A manual transmission (Getrag F23) from another Vue could also be used, but requires more work due to the addition of the clutch pedal & shift cables. Installing the manual gear shifter would also be required, whereas the Aisin AF23 is able to use the existing shifter. The This can be done for well under $1000 if you do the work yourself.

The SaturnFans forums are a great resource for this project. I've provided a link here to point you in the right direction.

"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!"
- Steve Smith (Red)
Ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruley73 For This Useful Post:
rushedusername (07-31-2018)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > Vue