Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
subaru_owner_04
AF Newbie

North Vancouver Specialty Subaru sucks!

I had purchased a Subaru from Specialty Subaru in North
Vancouver Canada with an additional purchase of Alloy Wheels.
After I have picked up the car and call them back and ask about
my original tires.. they refuse to give them back. It was not
stated or told to me verbally that it was a trade for the tires. I
have talked to the Manager who name is Jack and he did not
even give me any reasonable explanations and even hung-up on
me... they were not responsible for their mistakes. I did not get
the proper explanation during the deal. I am very pissed.
Don't expect any type of service from this dealer after your purchase...
all they care is to push you to buy and once you have signed, they are not responsible for anything...
subaru_owner_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: North Vancouver Specialty Subaru sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_owner_04
all they care is to push you to buy and once you have signed, they are not responsible for anything...
That pretty much describes lots of dealers. Some are not too interested in an ongoing service relationship with customers.
BTW much the same thing happened the first time my dad bought a Jeep.
He bought one in dealer stock, but deleted the existing alloy wheels in favour of steel ones from a base model. It turns out the tires we got on our new car had 10,000 miles on them.
This was the opinion of an independant tire retailer. That dealer had swapped our new tires and wheels with used ones from another customer or staff Jeep.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
John Kolar
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: North Vancouver Specialty Subaru sucks!

This is a warning to anybody thinking of dealing with Specialty Subaru in North Vancouver, BC. We dropped off my wife's car (a 2007 Forester) for a regular maintenance. It was there for about one hour in which time they hit the front driver's side corner damaging the bumper as well as cracking the windshield washer fluid reservoir. We walked up to the car and immediately noticed the damage as well as the fluid pouring out. We confronted them before we even got into the car and they said it was there when they brought the car in. Needles to say we now have no windshield washer to use now. I have tried dealing with them politely and the owner/manager is standing by his mechanic and refusing to pay for the damage they have caused. It is only $400 in parts which really is not that much. I already have spent many hours dealing with this and will spend many more. This is not worth the $ to me, but I believe in honesty and will fight crooked dealers. So to all of you on the north shore....DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SPECIALTY SUBARU!!! Other than that, Subaru's are great cars.
John Kolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
AngusT
AF Newbie

Re: North Vancouver Specialty Subaru sucks!

Hi. I've had a very different experience. I have just bought my first Subaru, a 2012 Impreza, from Specialty Subaru ... and the first car purchase I've done for 25 years (I probably have a world record for running a Chrysler minivan). The experience was excellent. The sales person (Mark) accompanied me on an excellent test drive on the twisty, steep (and wet) hills of North Vancouver where I pushed the car hard, with no complaints from Mark (I think he was amused) and none from the car either (it sticks like glue to slippery roads). I did my research re pricing before sitting down with Mark to "negotiate". This went very smoothly from my perspective. The Impreza is a popular car so I got less than I would have liked (who doesn't), but I got a whole lot more car for the price than the best alternative (and the price was reasonable). I am well satisfied. I came back the next day and the car (with a full tank of gas) was ready to go. The turnover was very smooth and, indeed, fun (I stayed around and chatted awhile with the different staff). I look forward to continuing my relationship with Specialty Subaru for my service requirements (and yes, I do check prices before I turn my car over to anyone).
AngusT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences