Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
mike2881
AF Newbie

1994 Utilimaster Step Van bucks when accelerating

Hi All,

I have a 94 Utilimaster Step Van that has what I believe is a Chevy V8 350 engine w/ 115K miles. I replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap about 8 months ago. For the past 3 months or so, the truck bucks when I accelerate at slow or higher speeds. If I let off the gas, it does not buck. This weekend I'm going to try replacing the spark plugs again but wanted to get suggestions on logical next steps to try? Temp sensor? Distributor? Set it on fire and file an insurance claim?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
mike2881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
robvan
AF Newbie

Re: 1994 Utilimaster Step Van bucks when accelerating

Can't help your problem, buy maybe you can help mine......I have a 95 with a GM V6 that won't run properly. Too much fuel going into closed throttle plates, I changed the, distributor cap rotor, fuel filter and temperature sensor as well as tried a used MAP sensor. but figure it's something else......
I did get a check engine light when it was running good......but can't find the OBD terminal

Utilimaster sent me the parts breakdown for just about everything on the body, Basic wiring and suggested the dash needs to come apart to get at it, but the parts breakdown doesn't show that detail or where the ECM computer is mounted or wiring...All this GM P30

I can see the computer behind the fuse box on the side of the dash. and isn't easy to get at without probably removing the entire dash cover or fuse box.
There no OBD terminal anywhere obvious, usually above the gas pedal or in this case expected around the fuse box or anything that looks like might be one, (or like the one in my 89 GM car)

Before I start fixing random stuff, it's be nice to have a code to start with if there is one.. I can get it running but isn't producing a code now, or check engine light.

Where is your OBD terminal. or anyone else chime in.

Thanks Rob V.
robvan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars