Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Obama ceo of gm

How is this gonna play out.....GM is now called goverment motors....with OBAMA the CEO and all of us US taxpayers stock holders....

this company will owe the US goverment 100's of billions and it will never be payed off...

what do you all think ?
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
GMMerlin
I know stuff

Re: Obama ceo of gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
How is this gonna play out.....GM is now called goverment motors....with OBAMA the CEO and all of us US taxpayers stock holders....

this company will owe the US goverment 100's of billions and it will never be payed off...

what do you all think ?
Not true, Chrysler went thru government loans and restructuring in the late 70's early 80's and paid them off WITH INTEREST!

What I find ironic is this all started with the collapse of the banking industry and the Hundreds of BILLIONS of tax dollars that was given to them that WILL NEVER be repaid and no one ever raises an eyebrow....
But the Big 3 get caught up in it and everyone wants them to fail....
Let's be realistic for a second...everyone talks about the big three of the late 70's and 80's...you don't hear people talk about the big 3 of the 2000's..
The big 3 have always built small fuel efficient cars and the dealers had them on their lots....no one wanted them..they all wanted trucks and SUVs, so the big 3 met the demand...
What allot of the general public doesn't realize is the big 3 have been trying to downsize their operations for years to met the smaller demand, but some groups fought hard to keep that from happening.
Now it has all come to a head and to keep this country from going into a full blow DEPRESSION... the government has to step in and help.
The collapse of the big 3 or any one of the big 3 will affect EVERYONE! There isn't a community in the USA that doesn't have or depend on some sort of income from the B3 (taxes, jobs, community)

IMHO, the PREZ needs to focus more on JOB CREATION for the hundreds of thousands of people who have or will lose their jobs because of this…….for I may end up being one of those who will be looking.
Retraining is great, but there has to be a JOB to fill once the worker is retrained.
Unemployment benefits help, but they won’t last forever.
There has to be stability in the financial markets and more responsible credit.
Energy cost have to be stabilized, because the price of energy affects the price of everything else and our dependence on petroleum based products and oil (gas) in general has to be reduced.
Which brings up another set of problems..TAXES…because of the governments mandates on fuel economy, the government is now seeing a reduction in tax revenue because of the increase of fuel economy and the fact that people are driving less…
The bottom line is it’s going to be rough and our children will never enjoy the type of life we enjoyed!

You asked me what I thought...there you go!
GM WCT
Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that?

Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality)
This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video
PM Me for details
GMMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

the comments you stated are very true,,,helping out workers displaced by the economic depression...is something the goverment should do...stoping a run on the banks by backing them up saves us all...
tracking down scam investment companies, and bring confidence into the markets is a must.....

what about FORD ? they have been hurt ,,but they did the correct thing and prevented the total shut down/bankruptcy...

GM had no plan ....the goverment , all of us now, own this company,,,and I ask you how and when will 100billion dollars be repaid ???

toyota over the previous 5 years made 30 billion dollars...
GM on the other hand lost billions.....
how does a company losing billions every quarter , give sweet union contracts, it no way can afford ???

this is about managers like wagner that deserved to be fired ...he should not receive anything but he's getting a sweet golden good bye kiss all on the tax payer..

Since you are part of this company and your obviously hoping the goverment will never back out ...you gotta face the facts...this company is going down...

why did this all come about....that GM failed so badly ? MY opinion ,,,they did not make small high quality vehicles with good MPG....
only the suv/caddy/hummer ,,,etc....had excellant quality...when fuel shot upward they had no product of quality the vehicle owners would buy...this is where ford made out ....

also as you are well aware ..may have turned there backs on GM because of poor customer relations....this is something that did not happen in a day....but over a decade GM acted like it was TO BIG TO FAIL...

FOR ALL OF US I hope they can some how be profitable and design vehicles or high quality not designed to fail, and treat the customer with the highest respect,,,,if/when the vehicle has warrantee issues...
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
drivebye
AF Newbie

Its a sad day for the industry. Its been coming for a while but now that its here it doesn't seem real. But it is all too real.
drivebye is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk