Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 09:32 AM   #16
hemicuda1313
AF Newbie

You guys might not have to worry about the colors on some of those cars. I remember before the first movie came out the cars were not the colors they ended up in the movie. So they may get repainted. Plus the APC thing...sponsors will probably be cover up. Except for movie sponsors. So hopefully this one will be better. Ive heard alot about more Euro car but there arent any picured there so....
Old 10-11-2002, 09:39 AM   #17
big bad jon
AF Newbie

yah, i also heard about the euro cars... there was supposed to be some gang that only drove euro cars or something like that... interested to see what horrors befell the euros...
Old 10-11-2002, 01:49 PM   #18
vueman
AF Newbie

WOW I PAPIE!

Man, those GTR are just SICK!
Old 10-11-2002, 03:13 PM   #19
meangreen94z
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by BingBingMa
this really pisses me off, thye have a lot of nice cars, but they all look so ugly, grey with blue racing stripes? and an apc sticker? thats like pissing on a skyline at a nissan dealership, if apc made one piece of performance equipment for a r34, i would crawl on the floor and drink motor oil, adn the vipers look pretty gay too, not only do the rear lights make them loo like chrysler's,. but they only make 500 hp out of 8.1 litres, quite symbolic of american gluttony and inefficiency.
This coming from some one driving a Protege. Funny the only people who make remarks about efficiency have no idea how an engine work and drive a slow turd.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:27 PM   #20
Swoxy
AF Enthusiast

Wow!
Old 10-11-2002, 03:40 PM   #21
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
I respect your opinion but...

Quote:
this really pisses me off, thye have a lot of nice cars, but they all look so ugly, grey with blue racing stripes? and an apc sticker? thats like pissing on a skyline at a nissan dealership, if apc made one piece of performance equipment for a r34, i would crawl on the floor and drink motor oil, adn the vipers look pretty gay too, not only do the rear lights make them loo like chrysler's,. but they only make 500 hp out of 8.1 litres, quite symbolic of american gluttony and inefficiency.
It's quite an experince to drive one!!! It'll make a believer out of you!!Not all Americans are gluttonous and inefficient; as small as my paycheck is, I've become quite efficient I do agree with you on the complete defamation of those Skylines! You would think they would have learned a thing or two from the first movie but I guess not! Let's pray that they at least have a decent storyline/script/acting/soundtrack!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 03:41 PM   #22
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Re: The Fast and The Furious 2 spy photos

Quote:
Originally posted by igor@af
These are claimed to be FAF2 spy photos, and they appear to be exactly that.
Thank you Igor for the chance to see more spy photos I'm sure the movie will be very entertaining. My $.02 is that they should have used a different car as the lead, but hey "to each his own":smoker2:
Old 10-11-2002, 04:07 PM   #23
Black_97'Z
AF Regular

Quote:
but they only make 500 hp out of 8.1 litres, quite symbolic of american gluttony and inefficiency.
When will you rice boys learn that HP per Liter means NOTHING!!!! Hp to weight and RWHP is what counts, and the Viper is 8.0L. I'm sure that the Dodge engineers were going for that massive TQ that 8.0L can produce not huge HP above 500.

Black 1997 Z28 Convertible
Pic's Video
Old 10-11-2002, 04:50 PM   #24
kris
Off playing with fire.

Quote:
Originally posted by Black_97'Z

When will you rice boys learn that HP per Liter means NOTHING!!!! Hp to weight and RWHP is what counts, and the Viper is 8.0L. I'm sure that the Dodge engineers were going for that massive TQ that 8.0L can produce not huge HP above 500.

Lets keep the posts about the topic, not about each other please.
Old 10-11-2002, 05:18 PM   #25
oneplus68urmom
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to oneplus68urmom
NICE CARS!

I'd have to say those are some nice cars...i dont really like the modifications done to them..such as paint jobs n else...is that really an EVOVII?? now thats a bad ass car other than the r34 ...hopefully the movie comes out to be good n not ricey and lame..
Old 10-11-2002, 05:53 PM   #26
Evomaniac
Banned

actually the pic's are from http://community.webshots.com/album/51581584Pjgplk thought you should know.:smoker2: by the way i was there in the making when they were shooting it.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #27
ArtemisEntreriR34
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I agree about the skyline's looking bad, but the viper isn't that bad looking. And when you talk about "American" gluttony, even with the V10 8.3 L engine, it weights 300 pounds less than an R34 Skyline.....
Americans are obviously doing something right. No way I am Pro-American cars, I am just Pro-High Performance cars, I don't believe that cars should be "dissed" because of where they come from, thats just stupid. Also, something I forgot to mention, the bigger engines aren't just for HP its for massive amounts of Torque. :evillaugh

Hamann 2001 E46 M3 Laguna Seca 2
357.9 kw / 479.9 bhp @ 5400 rpm
312 kph / 193.9 mph
0-60 : 4.2 seconds
Would I kill a man for it? You know it.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:28 PM   #28
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
I don't think the Lines were that bad looking. I hope they play a bigger part in this movie. If they had been a part in the last one, that RX-7 wouldn't have been the baddest racer. Hey Evomaniac....you really have a Skyline?
Old 10-11-2002, 08:47 PM   #29
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to blindwhite
Thumbs down Vipers......

Quote:
If that is true, then may the viper be the epitome of America and retardism for better engine performance. that means efficiency.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:04 PM   #30
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

jesus

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Look at it this way, Chevrolet uses a 350 cubic inch engine, and the max horsepower they got out of the LS1 variation was 350 horsepower. The typical 427 of the 60's produced around 430 hp. Stop looking at it as Liters and look at it as cubic inches because liters seems to throw you people off. Only 500 hp out of 8 liters, what the hell do you mean only 500 hp. The engine is 500 cubic inches, and since most engines power doesn't go much above the ci of it, it should be around 500 hp. The engine isn't lacking anything at all so what are you complaining about. Keep in mind these engines are also single over head cam, a very basic V block and they can produce a lot more power then most of the DOHC engines you typically see on Japanese and European cars.

Sorry that this is off topic but its necessary.

Anyways lol I bet those 03 Vipers get their ass kicked by the Eclipses and the rest of the shit. I wouldn't be surprised with the attitude of "Super Rice Wing and NOS make me go Zoom, me go 1000 mph cuz me got 4 cylinder wheeee!!!". I'll just be in the theatre like...bullshit......bullshit.....bullshit......er rrr. Whats up with the pink S2000 though? I can understand it having a girl car that is pink, but damn they went all out, pink fuzzy seats and all wtf.