Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 01:10 AM   #31
Gtr2.7L
AF Enthusiast

Re: Crash Test Results w/pictures...Print Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasky
nope, until 1999, you've been misinformed, have look,you got pm.
Incorrect. Nissan/NISMO assembled 40 (not 99....although original production orders WERE for 99 cars) in January of 1996 (I`m looking at the manufacturer`s production notes as I speak). An additional 3 were assembled in February (and the original prototype in Jan of 1995). Only 38 were actually sold on the open market. These are THE ONLY 44 cars created with the RB-X GT2 designator. Here`s an additional affirmation to that account....
http://www.poweraxel.com/autosalon/as98/nismo.html
or here... http://www.ai.wakwak.com/~nismo/r33gtr.html

Any FURTHER models that were assembled of identical parts are merely replicas....NOT production models....and hence don`t have the same intrinsic value as the REAL 400R`s.

Also listed in the notes is the fact that 2 additional R34`s were assembled, by Nissan in January of 2003 (five months after production halted).

Whoever your source is....you need to straighten them...because they evidently have some translational misunderstanding.

Having seen one in person and met Kasu-san...the owner, they have an amazing presence....and attract BIG crowds.

I`ve noticed a number of sites that have it listed incorrectly....JBSkyline, ConceptCars

If you want REAL data...go to NISMO directly....
http://www.nismo.co.jp/complete/400R/intro.html

If you have any further questions regarding the matter...or need something translated PROPERLY, send it my way.

Last edited by Gtr2.7L; 08-28-2003 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:20 PM   #32
AzN300ZX
AF Newbie

Wait, so if i import a skyline, all i have to do is show them these papers, and have it street lagalized?
Old 10-17-2003, 10:23 AM   #33
sami
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzN300ZX
Wait, so if i import a skyline, all i have to do is show them these papers, and have it street lagalized?
No. The hardest part is to prove that your Skyline meets the specs of those that were crash tested. Some of that information is proprietary so it might not even be possible regardless if you know what needs to be done.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:25 AM   #34
as121
AF Newbie

Thank you So much. I have been wondering what it was that Motorex was charging so much for. If you can recover those EPA documents that would be VERY usefull to me. I recently bought an R34 that was imported by Motorex a few years ago as a pressent for a spoiled little rich kid. The kid then proceeded to overboost the engine and destroy the block . So for $17,000 I got a R34 minus the engine, having Motorex import a new one will cost a small fortune, so I'm looking for a way to go around them.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:42 AM   #35
sami
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by as121
So for $17,000 I got a R34 minus the engine, having Motorex import a new one will cost a small fortune, so I'm looking for a way to go around them.
Wait a sec...you have an already legalized R34 minus the engine? You don't have to go to Motorex, just get an engine and put it in. If you need an engine, and/or need someone to put it on you can e-mail me and I can arrange it. As long as it once was legalized by Motorex and it has all the documents to go with it.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion