Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > G5
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
Jennstoosweet
AF Newbie

Unhappy AC Issues

Good evening.

I was hoping someone would be able to provide some G5 wisdom. I have a 2009 G5 I recently purchased. She had a little over 97,000 miles on her and runs like a dream.

My issue is the AC buttons don't light up when turning on and only blows. There's no temp variation between hot or cold. It's just air. BUT when switching to defrost, the compressor is engaged and cold air comes out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the air working properly? I live in South Mississippi so living with AC is NOT possible.

Thanks so much for any help and check ya on the road.
Jennstoosweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: AC Issues

Are you able to change blower speeds? If it blows on one or two speeds and not on others, chances are it's a resistor block....

If the the A/C only comes on while in the defrost mode, it tells me there is nothing wrong with the compressor, or it's controls(pressure sensor, relay, etc.).....

Does the mode switch work? Does air come out of the vents when commanded to the vent position?

As for the temp not changing, that could be the electrical temp actuator or the control head......

Only a high end scan tool capable of reading BCM data, and trouble codes, can tell you if you are getting the proper commands from the control head.....

Only proper diagnosis, can save you from replacing unnecessary parts....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tech II For This Useful Post:
Jennstoosweet (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
Jennstoosweet
AF Newbie

Re: AC Issues

Thanks so much for the advice. We ending up tearing down the dash, pulled out the control box and did a massive cleaning. Found the mother of all cockroaches and couple others bugs but it's working now.

Sometimes all it takes is a little spit and polish. I'll let y'all know if there's any other issues with my new baby. Cheers!
Jennstoosweet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > G5